Duration: 4 Hours
The beautiful Caribbean island of Cuba offers some of the best deep sea fishing in the world, particularly off the North West coast. Located at the entrance of the Gulf of Mexico, between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, Cuba boasts over 3,000 miles of coastline, clear azure waters, numerous keys and peninsulas and an abundance of marine life, as well as a hot sub-tropical climate all year round. Whether you are an experienced fisherman or you simply want to experience this exhilarating sport for fun, this half day sport fishing excursion is an adventure not to be missed during your holiday in Cuba.
Cuba’s warm, tropical waters are rich with fish, including a multitude of deep sea fish species such as Dolphin, Marlin, Sailfish, Barracuda, Snapper and Tuna. Fishing here helped to inspire the work of Ernest Hemingway, who was a keen hunter and fisherman as well as a writer, in his classic novel The Old Man and the Sea. Follow in Hemingway’s footsteps as you step aboard a fully-equipped fishing boat with an experienced captain, who will take you to the best spots in the area, and one of the most unspoilt fishing regions in the Caribbean. Sail across the sparkling Caribbean waters and enjoy the beautiful scenery all around you.
You won’t even have to venture very far from the shore to enjoy deep sea fishing in Cuba because one of the best areas can be found in the deep water (where the drop-off is steep) at the edge of the barrier reef, which follows Cuba's shore line from north to south. The warm waters here form part of the fast moving Gulf Stream, which flows between Florida Keys and Cuba. This large feeding ground hosts a large variety of game fish, including Wahoo, Kingfish, King Mackerel, Swordfish and Bonito, as well as the species mentioned above, depending on which time of year you visit. Part of the thrill is seeing what you catch on the day, and then savouring the taste of freshly cooked fish on board. An open bar is also included on the trip.
This exciting tour is full of thrills and challenges that will test even the experienced anglers’ skills, and undoubtedly inspire the novices to embark on many more adventures at sea.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's most iconic and famous resort - Varadero
- Explore both the charming capital of Havana and the relaxed beach resort of Varadero within one holiday
- Enjoy a comfortable stay with all the 5* modern facilities and interiors you would expect
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Enjoy an array of water sports in Varadero including; catamaran, snorkelling & windsurfing
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
A perfect hideaway in the heart of the Vedado district, the Residencia offers smart and comfortable rooms and a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.