Duration: 4 Hours
The beautiful Caribbean island of Cuba offers some of the best deep sea fishing in the world, particularly off the North West coast. Located at the entrance of the Gulf of Mexico, between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, Cuba boasts over 3,000 miles of coastline, clear azure waters, numerous keys and peninsulas and an abundance of marine life, as well as a hot sub-tropical climate all year round. Whether you are an experienced fisherman or you simply want to experience this exhilarating sport for fun, this half day sport fishing excursion is an adventure not to be missed during your holiday in Cuba.
Cuba’s warm, tropical waters are rich with fish, including a multitude of deep sea fish species such as Dolphin, Marlin, Sailfish, Barracuda, Snapper and Tuna. Fishing here helped to inspire the work of Ernest Hemingway, who was a keen hunter and fisherman as well as a writer, in his classic novel The Old Man and the Sea. Follow in Hemingway’s footsteps as you step aboard a fully-equipped fishing boat with an experienced captain, who will take you to the best spots in the area, and one of the most unspoilt fishing regions in the Caribbean. Sail across the sparkling Caribbean waters and enjoy the beautiful scenery all around you.
You won’t even have to venture very far from the shore to enjoy deep sea fishing in Cuba because one of the best areas can be found in the deep water (where the drop-off is steep) at the edge of the barrier reef, which follows Cuba's shore line from north to south. The warm waters here form part of the fast moving Gulf Stream, which flows between Florida Keys and Cuba. This large feeding ground hosts a large variety of game fish, including Wahoo, Kingfish, King Mackerel, Swordfish and Bonito, as well as the species mentioned above, depending on which time of year you visit. Part of the thrill is seeing what you catch on the day, and then savouring the taste of freshly cooked fish on board. An open bar is also included on the trip.
This exciting tour is full of thrills and challenges that will test even the experienced anglers’ skills, and undoubtedly inspire the novices to embark on many more adventures at sea.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.