Jungle Tour - Speed Boats Ride
Duration: Half Day
If you can drag yourself away from Cayo Coco’s beautiful white-sand beaches during your holiday in Cuba, there are a number of exciting tours to embark on around the mainland and nearby keys. This fun-filled excursion will enable you to drive your own speedboat ride through mangrove swamps and wetlands before stopping to snorkel in the clear channel waters. This fascinating ecosystem hosts an abundance of wildlife both above and below the water.
Travelling west from the paradise island of Cayo Coco on Cuba’s northern coast, your unforgettable jungle adventure starts with an exhilarating speedboat ride through the pristine mangrove channels and marshes of Cayo Guillermo. Connected to Cayo Coco by a manmade causeway, this much smaller coral key is an environmentally protected area. It is also regarded as one of the best sport fishing destinations in Cuba. The famous American writer Ernest Hemingway spent much of his time fishing here, and he even mentioned Cayo Guillermo in his book Islands in the Stream.
Enjoy the adrenaline rush as you weave in and out of the lush jungle foliage across shallow lagoons and channels, looking out for native wildlife on the way. The mangrove forests off the south coast of Cayo Guillermo are an important habitat for a huge diversity of birds and marine life. Look out for flocks of bright pink flamingos, as well as herons, egrets, spoonbills, cormorants, pelicans and many other bird species amongst the lush vegetation around the lakes and swamps.
Beneath the water lies a wealth of fascinating aquatic life. Grab your snorkeling gear and marvel at the Caribbean’s breathtaking underwater world. The crystal clear waters of Jardines del Rey (Gardens of the King) offer some of the best snorkeling opportunities in the area, and hundreds of colourful tropical fish and crustaceans can be found on Cayo Guillermo’s beautiful Atlantic coral reef.
The slightly murkier waters of the mangrove channels also host a surprising number of fish and other marine species, however. Barracuda, snapper, parrot fish, starfish, puffer fish, lobsters and even nurse sharks and stingrays can be spotted here. It would be well worth taking an underwater camera with you if you can. The channel currents can sometimes be quite strong but a rope will be provided to help you pull yourself along. If you want to see the ‘real’ Cuba, this is the way to do it!
Transfers, soft drinks, life jacket and snorkeling equipment are included in the trip.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.