Jungle Tour - Speed Boats Ride
Duration: Half Day
If you can drag yourself away from Cayo Coco’s beautiful white-sand beaches during your holiday in Cuba, there are a number of exciting tours to embark on around the mainland and nearby keys. This fun-filled excursion will enable you to drive your own speedboat ride through mangrove swamps and wetlands before stopping to snorkel in the clear channel waters. This fascinating ecosystem hosts an abundance of wildlife both above and below the water.
Travelling west from the paradise island of Cayo Coco on Cuba’s northern coast, your unforgettable jungle adventure starts with an exhilarating speedboat ride through the pristine mangrove channels and marshes of Cayo Guillermo. Connected to Cayo Coco by a manmade causeway, this much smaller coral key is an environmentally protected area. It is also regarded as one of the best sport fishing destinations in Cuba. The famous American writer Ernest Hemingway spent much of his time fishing here, and he even mentioned Cayo Guillermo in his book Islands in the Stream.
Enjoy the adrenaline rush as you weave in and out of the lush jungle foliage across shallow lagoons and channels, looking out for native wildlife on the way. The mangrove forests off the south coast of Cayo Guillermo are an important habitat for a huge diversity of birds and marine life. Look out for flocks of bright pink flamingos, as well as herons, egrets, spoonbills, cormorants, pelicans and many other bird species amongst the lush vegetation around the lakes and swamps.
Beneath the water lies a wealth of fascinating aquatic life. Grab your snorkeling gear and marvel at the Caribbean’s breathtaking underwater world. The crystal clear waters of Jardines del Rey (Gardens of the King) offer some of the best snorkeling opportunities in the area, and hundreds of colourful tropical fish and crustaceans can be found on Cayo Guillermo’s beautiful Atlantic coral reef.
The slightly murkier waters of the mangrove channels also host a surprising number of fish and other marine species, however. Barracuda, snapper, parrot fish, starfish, puffer fish, lobsters and even nurse sharks and stingrays can be spotted here. It would be well worth taking an underwater camera with you if you can. The channel currents can sometimes be quite strong but a rope will be provided to help you pull yourself along. If you want to see the ‘real’ Cuba, this is the way to do it!
Transfers, soft drinks, life jacket and snorkeling equipment are included in the trip.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.