Jungle Tour - Speed Boats Ride
Duration: Half Day
If you can drag yourself away from Cayo Coco’s beautiful white-sand beaches during your holiday in Cuba, there are a number of exciting tours to embark on around the mainland and nearby keys. This fun-filled excursion will enable you to drive your own speedboat ride through mangrove swamps and wetlands before stopping to snorkel in the clear channel waters. This fascinating ecosystem hosts an abundance of wildlife both above and below the water.
Travelling west from the paradise island of Cayo Coco on Cuba’s northern coast, your unforgettable jungle adventure starts with an exhilarating speedboat ride through the pristine mangrove channels and marshes of Cayo Guillermo. Connected to Cayo Coco by a manmade causeway, this much smaller coral key is an environmentally protected area. It is also regarded as one of the best sport fishing destinations in Cuba. The famous American writer Ernest Hemingway spent much of his time fishing here, and he even mentioned Cayo Guillermo in his book Islands in the Stream.
Enjoy the adrenaline rush as you weave in and out of the lush jungle foliage across shallow lagoons and channels, looking out for native wildlife on the way. The mangrove forests off the south coast of Cayo Guillermo are an important habitat for a huge diversity of birds and marine life. Look out for flocks of bright pink flamingos, as well as herons, egrets, spoonbills, cormorants, pelicans and many other bird species amongst the lush vegetation around the lakes and swamps.
Beneath the water lies a wealth of fascinating aquatic life. Grab your snorkeling gear and marvel at the Caribbean’s breathtaking underwater world. The crystal clear waters of Jardines del Rey (Gardens of the King) offer some of the best snorkeling opportunities in the area, and hundreds of colourful tropical fish and crustaceans can be found on Cayo Guillermo’s beautiful Atlantic coral reef.
The slightly murkier waters of the mangrove channels also host a surprising number of fish and other marine species, however. Barracuda, snapper, parrot fish, starfish, puffer fish, lobsters and even nurse sharks and stingrays can be spotted here. It would be well worth taking an underwater camera with you if you can. The channel currents can sometimes be quite strong but a rope will be provided to help you pull yourself along. If you want to see the ‘real’ Cuba, this is the way to do it!
Transfers, soft drinks, life jacket and snorkeling equipment are included in the trip.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Explore downtown Havana and enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay in your legendary Havana Hotel
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling at Iberostar Tainos
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Managing to combine the charming atmosphere of a traditional hacienda with the modern amenities of an All-Inclusive,...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.