Jungle Tour - Speed Boats Ride
Duration: Half Day
If you can drag yourself away from Cayo Coco’s beautiful white-sand beaches during your holiday in Cuba, there are a number of exciting tours to embark on around the mainland and nearby keys. This fun-filled excursion will enable you to drive your own speedboat ride through mangrove swamps and wetlands before stopping to snorkel in the clear channel waters. This fascinating ecosystem hosts an abundance of wildlife both above and below the water.
Travelling west from the paradise island of Cayo Coco on Cuba’s northern coast, your unforgettable jungle adventure starts with an exhilarating speedboat ride through the pristine mangrove channels and marshes of Cayo Guillermo. Connected to Cayo Coco by a manmade causeway, this much smaller coral key is an environmentally protected area. It is also regarded as one of the best sport fishing destinations in Cuba. The famous American writer Ernest Hemingway spent much of his time fishing here, and he even mentioned Cayo Guillermo in his book Islands in the Stream.
Enjoy the adrenaline rush as you weave in and out of the lush jungle foliage across shallow lagoons and channels, looking out for native wildlife on the way. The mangrove forests off the south coast of Cayo Guillermo are an important habitat for a huge diversity of birds and marine life. Look out for flocks of bright pink flamingos, as well as herons, egrets, spoonbills, cormorants, pelicans and many other bird species amongst the lush vegetation around the lakes and swamps.
Beneath the water lies a wealth of fascinating aquatic life. Grab your snorkeling gear and marvel at the Caribbean’s breathtaking underwater world. The crystal clear waters of Jardines del Rey (Gardens of the King) offer some of the best snorkeling opportunities in the area, and hundreds of colourful tropical fish and crustaceans can be found on Cayo Guillermo’s beautiful Atlantic coral reef.
The slightly murkier waters of the mangrove channels also host a surprising number of fish and other marine species, however. Barracuda, snapper, parrot fish, starfish, puffer fish, lobsters and even nurse sharks and stingrays can be spotted here. It would be well worth taking an underwater camera with you if you can. The channel currents can sometimes be quite strong but a rope will be provided to help you pull yourself along. If you want to see the ‘real’ Cuba, this is the way to do it!
Transfers, soft drinks, life jacket and snorkeling equipment are included in the trip.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
The Melia Habana Hotel is located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea. This building has a...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Stay at the charming hotel Comodoro for the first few nights of your holiday and enjoy the atmosphere of a modern hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.
Pop superstar Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a mini-break in Cuba last week. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana with a group of friends and family and was photographed having dinner and cocktails at La Guarida restaurant. Taking to the streets of the city with her half-Cuban daughter Lourdes Leon, Madonna shared photos of her trip on Twitter.