Jungle Tour - Speed Boats Ride
Duration: Half Day
If you can drag yourself away from Cayo Coco’s beautiful white-sand beaches during your holiday in Cuba, there are a number of exciting tours to embark on around the mainland and nearby keys. This fun-filled excursion will enable you to drive your own speedboat ride through mangrove swamps and wetlands before stopping to snorkel in the clear channel waters. This fascinating ecosystem hosts an abundance of wildlife both above and below the water.
Travelling west from the paradise island of Cayo Coco on Cuba’s northern coast, your unforgettable jungle adventure starts with an exhilarating speedboat ride through the pristine mangrove channels and marshes of Cayo Guillermo. Connected to Cayo Coco by a manmade causeway, this much smaller coral key is an environmentally protected area. It is also regarded as one of the best sport fishing destinations in Cuba. The famous American writer Ernest Hemingway spent much of his time fishing here, and he even mentioned Cayo Guillermo in his book Islands in the Stream.
Enjoy the adrenaline rush as you weave in and out of the lush jungle foliage across shallow lagoons and channels, looking out for native wildlife on the way. The mangrove forests off the south coast of Cayo Guillermo are an important habitat for a huge diversity of birds and marine life. Look out for flocks of bright pink flamingos, as well as herons, egrets, spoonbills, cormorants, pelicans and many other bird species amongst the lush vegetation around the lakes and swamps.
Beneath the water lies a wealth of fascinating aquatic life. Grab your snorkeling gear and marvel at the Caribbean’s breathtaking underwater world. The crystal clear waters of Jardines del Rey (Gardens of the King) offer some of the best snorkeling opportunities in the area, and hundreds of colourful tropical fish and crustaceans can be found on Cayo Guillermo’s beautiful Atlantic coral reef.
The slightly murkier waters of the mangrove channels also host a surprising number of fish and other marine species, however. Barracuda, snapper, parrot fish, starfish, puffer fish, lobsters and even nurse sharks and stingrays can be spotted here. It would be well worth taking an underwater camera with you if you can. The channel currents can sometimes be quite strong but a rope will be provided to help you pull yourself along. If you want to see the ‘real’ Cuba, this is the way to do it!
Transfers, soft drinks, life jacket and snorkeling equipment are included in the trip.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Book by 20th of April for MASSIVE SAVINGS on Virgin Atlantic flights.
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Book by 20th of April for MASSIVE SAVINGS on Virgin Atlantic flights.
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Enjoy a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival and an evening turndown service in Havana at the Melia Havana
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.