Jamaica Day Trip from Cayo Coco
Duration: Full Day
If you want to experience the beauty of other Caribbean islands during your holiday in Cuba, a day trip to Jamaica is highly recommended. After flying to Montego Bay on Jamaica’s north coast, enjoy a tour of the city before travelling onwards to the spectacular Dunn's River Falls. This unique tour will give you a taste of the Jamaican culture and exquisite natural beauty.
Affectionately known as 'MoBay' by the locals and regular visitors, Montego Bay is the centre of Jamaica’s tourism industry and the second-largest city outside Kingston. The stunning coastline boasts miles of pristine white sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise lagoons, and there is a wide range of excursions and activities for visitors to choose from. It is no wonder that Montego Bay ranks highly as one of the best resort destinations in the Caribbean.
If you can drag yourself away from the glorious beaches, the city itself has much to offer. Whilst Montego Bay’s long history dates back to 1494 when Christopher Columbus first set foot on Jamaica’s sandy shores, the city was founded slightly later by the Spanish in 1510. It later became a major shipping port for sugar and bananas during the 18th and 19th century under British colonial rule. Explore both the modern and ancient city streets, which are crowded, colourful and lively.
Despite being noisy and untidy in parts, the city still retains its Caribbean charm. Your local guide will point out areas of interest throughout the tour. Unfortunately, most of the original buildings were destroyed by the Spanish when they were forced out by the British, but some historic relics remain. The elegant Georgian houses give you an insight into the city’s rich colonial heritage, whilst modern hotels and buildings reflect the success of this thriving commercial centre. Enjoy free time for duty-free shopping in the trendy Gloucester Avenue, or browse the bustling street markets for gifts and souvenirs on Harbour Street. Shopping in Jamaica is an experience not to be missed.
We leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind as we make our way to the tranquil Dunn's River Falls. Set within a lush tropical rainforest near Ocho Rios, this magnificent waterfall is one of the island’s most beautiful national treasures and a premier tourist attraction. Starting from the sandy beach at the base of the falls, visitors can climb right to the top of Dunn’s River Falls by holding hands and forming a human chain led by experienced guides.
Watching water cascading down this 600ft vertical limestone rock formation and splashing into the ocean below is an unforgettable sight. On the way up, you can also enjoy spectacular views of the forest canopy, rock formations and natural lagoons. Swim in the refreshing plunge pools, which have formed naturally in the rocks from the force of the river current, or stop and take photos of the lush tropical surroundings.
The less adventurous can walk along the side of the waterfall, whilst others can enjoy the soothing effects of the water at the “massage parlour” as it plummets down into the Caribbean Sea. This paradise location is one of the most photographed sites in Jamaica, and it has also been featured in the first James Bond film Dr No and countless other films since.
A wonderful addition to your holiday in Cuba, this exhilarating adventure will prove popular with travellers of all ages.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Explore Cuba in a stylish 1950's American car with a complimentary vintage car tour, passing through the Miramar district, before seeing the amazing sites of Cuba such as the Revolution Square, University of Cuba and the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba!
- Celebrate with a Caribbean holiday of a lifetime and see in 2017 with the festive Gala dinners included in this offer!
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Breezes Varadero
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.