Jamaica Day Trip from Cayo Coco
Duration: Full Day
If you want to experience the beauty of other Caribbean islands during your holiday in Cuba, a day trip to Jamaica is highly recommended. After flying to Montego Bay on Jamaica’s north coast, enjoy a tour of the city before travelling onwards to the spectacular Dunn's River Falls. This unique tour will give you a taste of the Jamaican culture and exquisite natural beauty.
Affectionately known as 'MoBay' by the locals and regular visitors, Montego Bay is the centre of Jamaica’s tourism industry and the second-largest city outside Kingston. The stunning coastline boasts miles of pristine white sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise lagoons, and there is a wide range of excursions and activities for visitors to choose from. It is no wonder that Montego Bay ranks highly as one of the best resort destinations in the Caribbean.
If you can drag yourself away from the glorious beaches, the city itself has much to offer. Whilst Montego Bay’s long history dates back to 1494 when Christopher Columbus first set foot on Jamaica’s sandy shores, the city was founded slightly later by the Spanish in 1510. It later became a major shipping port for sugar and bananas during the 18th and 19th century under British colonial rule. Explore both the modern and ancient city streets, which are crowded, colourful and lively.
Despite being noisy and untidy in parts, the city still retains its Caribbean charm. Your local guide will point out areas of interest throughout the tour. Unfortunately, most of the original buildings were destroyed by the Spanish when they were forced out by the British, but some historic relics remain. The elegant Georgian houses give you an insight into the city’s rich colonial heritage, whilst modern hotels and buildings reflect the success of this thriving commercial centre. Enjoy free time for duty-free shopping in the trendy Gloucester Avenue, or browse the bustling street markets for gifts and souvenirs on Harbour Street. Shopping in Jamaica is an experience not to be missed.
We leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind as we make our way to the tranquil Dunn's River Falls. Set within a lush tropical rainforest near Ocho Rios, this magnificent waterfall is one of the island’s most beautiful national treasures and a premier tourist attraction. Starting from the sandy beach at the base of the falls, visitors can climb right to the top of Dunn’s River Falls by holding hands and forming a human chain led by experienced guides.
Watching water cascading down this 600ft vertical limestone rock formation and splashing into the ocean below is an unforgettable sight. On the way up, you can also enjoy spectacular views of the forest canopy, rock formations and natural lagoons. Swim in the refreshing plunge pools, which have formed naturally in the rocks from the force of the river current, or stop and take photos of the lush tropical surroundings.
The less adventurous can walk along the side of the waterfall, whilst others can enjoy the soothing effects of the water at the “massage parlour” as it plummets down into the Caribbean Sea. This paradise location is one of the most photographed sites in Jamaica, and it has also been featured in the first James Bond film Dr No and countless other films since.
A wonderful addition to your holiday in Cuba, this exhilarating adventure will prove popular with travellers of all ages.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities including dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Los Cactus
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
- Enjoy a free upgrade to the ocean view at Melia Habana
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.