Havana Day Tour
Duration: Full Day
You will begin by visiting Havana's fortresses and palaces from the times of corsairs and pirates. A fine landmark is the imposing Morro, situated at Havana's bay and standing proudly as the most important fort of the colonial times. You will have the opportunity to explore this magnificent fort from the inside out and learn of the history of the place from the time of its construction in 1630 through to its invasion by the British in 1762 to the modern days where it still stands safeguarding the capital's borders.
On this day tour you will be able to witness Havana in its full splendour, as you walk through its old narrow cobbled streets and take in the old colonial allure of the surrounding buildings of Old Havana. This is a city that simply bursts with life, and your excursion is bound to be lively animated by the sounds of local bands playing in the streets.
As part of your day trip you will have the opportunity to witness the stunning and glorious diversity of the architecture and restored beauty of the city. As you stroll along old and new Havana you will come across peculiar sights and dramatic contrasts that distinguish this romantic town and make it the historical landmark it is today. You will also be able to follow in the footsteps of American writer Ernest Hemingway as you are taken down to the Miramar district in the Marina Hemingway complex, where Hemingway used to reside in Cuba and which is now a place with top of the class seafood restaurants, nice shops and pretty dock side views.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Book by 20th of April for MASSIVE SAVINGS on Virgin Atlantic flights.
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Enjoy a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival and an evening turndown service in Havana at the Melia Havana
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.