Exclusive Tour - Journey to the Heart of Cuba
Duration: Full Day
The most wonderful and complete of all Cuba tours in Holguin; this excursion offers unique encounters with the best of the island's discoveries... It is a must in your Cuba holidays.
And we can guarantee you won't find this magnificent excursion anywhere else as it was solely created by us and is exclusive to us only at The Holiday Place.
Prepare for a day full of action,plenty of various activities perfect for those who really want to get to know the traditional Cuban countryside and their customs. This outstanding trip begins by taking you to visit a nice little country village called Melones, the home to a fantastic Cuban Cigar Factory where the splendid cigars are made by the expert hands of Cubans and for Cubans only. The workers here produce for a local and popular brand that Cubans are known to smoke while playing their usual afternoon domino game or whilst enjoying a good baseball match. Take the time to have a look around this countryside factory with its wonderful team of 40 expert workers and watch them as they concentrate in the fine art of rolling. Your tour guide here will take you through every step of the process of making one of Cuba's greatest passions: cigars!
The excursion will continue with a visit to a crafty hat workshop where you'll be leaving with a typical "yarey" straw hat, an iconic present from the locals and being one of the symbols that represent the island you can find everywhere you go in Cuba, especially in the countryside where farmers will be wearing one just like yours.
We continue for a delightful stopover at a charming farmer's house where you will be welcomed and given the usual friendly treatment by the farmers who will later share with you a delicious homemade cup of coffee and a wonderful selection of the juiciest and sweetest of local fruits. Among all the organic food you will be given in the farm the most enjoyable is sugar cane!!!
Later on we head towards a beautiful ranch where locals will be awaiting to greet you with a folkloric country party or guateque; a traditional celebration in which they will prove that Cuban farmers are the best dancers on Earth. It is here where you'll be getting the real Cuban experience, as you engage in lively interactions with the locals and dance to the rhythms of salsa and country music.
Learn to appreciate the sweet guitar tunes of traditional country music while a farmer roasts the traditional pig outdoors and others prepare the popular accompaniment of "black beans and rice" in the indoor kitchen. Have fun playing "The Pig's Tail" game and participate in this entertaining activity with locals and other visitors. The game consists of everyone gathering around in a circle surrounding the roast pig whilst dancing and singing, once the music stops the winner will get the crunchy tail! Then, get ready to tuck in and taste this homemade lunch that's not only delicious but based on authentic local recipes!!!. At the end musicians will play a rhythmical song dedicated to the tour, the melody of which we you can forever keep as a lasting memory of the day.
Yet another addition to the excitements of the day will be some relaxing horseback riding. Both the experience rider and the beginner will have lots of fun guaranteed! And just before you head back to the hotel you'll stop at the Marina and drive your own speedboat fro two.
Come and join us at the heart of the island's charming countryside...a unique experience in the middle of the everyday Cuban atmosphere...far artificial, close to the pure and simple. We are sure that right after this full-day adventure you will express - like many other clients before - "this is the best tour I've ever done in my life (...)"
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Book today and receive a free tour seeing all the iconic sights of Havana
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Vardaero
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's most iconic and famous resort - Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Enjoy an array of water sports in Varadero including; catamaran, snorkelling & windsurfing
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Explore both the charming capital of Havana and the relaxed beach resort of Varadero within one holiday
- Enjoy a comfortable stay with all the 5* modern facilities and interiors you would expect
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
- Exclusive Singles offer at Paradisus Princesa Del Mar – No single supplement for Summer 2017 - Limited Availability
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Combine a vibrant discovery of the capital of Havana, with a stunning nature retreat to the UNESCO world heritage...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.