Exclusive Tour - Journey to the Heart of Cuba
Duration: Full Day
The most wonderful and complete of all Cuba tours in Holguin; this excursion offers unique encounters with the best of the island's discoveries... It is a must in your Cuba holidays.
And we can guarantee you won't find this magnificent excursion anywhere else as it was solely created by us and is exclusive to us only at The Holiday Place.
Prepare for a day full of action,plenty of various activities perfect for those who really want to get to know the traditional Cuban countryside and their customs. This outstanding trip begins by taking you to visit a nice little country village called Melones, the home to a fantastic Cuban Cigar Factory where the splendid cigars are made by the expert hands of Cubans and for Cubans only. The workers here produce for a local and popular brand that Cubans are known to smoke while playing their usual afternoon domino game or whilst enjoying a good baseball match. Take the time to have a look around this countryside factory with its wonderful team of 40 expert workers and watch them as they concentrate in the fine art of rolling. Your tour guide here will take you through every step of the process of making one of Cuba's greatest passions: cigars!
The excursion will continue with a visit to a crafty hat workshop where you'll be leaving with a typical "yarey" straw hat, an iconic present from the locals and being one of the symbols that represent the island you can find everywhere you go in Cuba, especially in the countryside where farmers will be wearing one just like yours.
We continue for a delightful stopover at a charming farmer's house where you will be welcomed and given the usual friendly treatment by the farmers who will later share with you a delicious homemade cup of coffee and a wonderful selection of the juiciest and sweetest of local fruits. Among all the organic food you will be given in the farm the most enjoyable is sugar cane!!!
Later on we head towards a beautiful ranch where locals will be awaiting to greet you with a folkloric country party or guateque; a traditional celebration in which they will prove that Cuban farmers are the best dancers on Earth. It is here where you'll be getting the real Cuban experience, as you engage in lively interactions with the locals and dance to the rhythms of salsa and country music.
Learn to appreciate the sweet guitar tunes of traditional country music while a farmer roasts the traditional pig outdoors and others prepare the popular accompaniment of "black beans and rice" in the indoor kitchen. Have fun playing "The Pig's Tail" game and participate in this entertaining activity with locals and other visitors. The game consists of everyone gathering around in a circle surrounding the roast pig whilst dancing and singing, once the music stops the winner will get the crunchy tail! Then, get ready to tuck in and taste this homemade lunch that's not only delicious but based on authentic local recipes!!!. At the end musicians will play a rhythmical song dedicated to the tour, the melody of which we you can forever keep as a lasting memory of the day.
Yet another addition to the excitements of the day will be some relaxing horseback riding. Both the experience rider and the beginner will have lots of fun guaranteed! And just before you head back to the hotel you'll stop at the Marina and drive your own speedboat fro two.
Come and join us at the heart of the island's charming countryside...a unique experience in the middle of the everyday Cuban atmosphere...far artificial, close to the pure and simple. We are sure that right after this full-day adventure you will express - like many other clients before - "this is the best tour I've ever done in my life (...)"
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Combine the vibrancy of charming Havana with a relaxing beach escape at a 24-hour All Inclusive resort in Varadero
- An excellent selection of restaurants and bars in Varadero including 3 a La Carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars
- Make the most of Havana with a private beach and the sea adjacent to the property and Old Havana nearby
- Never waste a minute in Varadero with everything from watersports to Spanish lessons to salsa and more
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Explore Cuba in a stylish 1950's American car with a complimentary vintage car tour, passing through the Miramar district, before seeing the amazing sites of Cuba such as the Revolution Square, University of Cuba and the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba!
- Celebrate with a Caribbean holiday of a lifetime and see in 2017 with the festive Gala dinners included in this offer!
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Breezes Varadero
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.