Exclusive Tour - Journey to the Heart of Cuba
Duration: Full Day
The most wonderful and complete of all Cuba tours in Holguin; this excursion offers unique encounters with the best of the island's discoveries... It is a must in your Cuba holidays.
And we can guarantee you won't find this magnificent excursion anywhere else as it was solely created by us and is exclusive to us only at The Holiday Place.
Prepare for a day full of action,plenty of various activities perfect for those who really want to get to know the traditional Cuban countryside and their customs. This outstanding trip begins by taking you to visit a nice little country village called Melones, the home to a fantastic Cuban Cigar Factory where the splendid cigars are made by the expert hands of Cubans and for Cubans only. The workers here produce for a local and popular brand that Cubans are known to smoke while playing their usual afternoon domino game or whilst enjoying a good baseball match. Take the time to have a look around this countryside factory with its wonderful team of 40 expert workers and watch them as they concentrate in the fine art of rolling. Your tour guide here will take you through every step of the process of making one of Cuba's greatest passions: cigars!
The excursion will continue with a visit to a crafty hat workshop where you'll be leaving with a typical "yarey" straw hat, an iconic present from the locals and being one of the symbols that represent the island you can find everywhere you go in Cuba, especially in the countryside where farmers will be wearing one just like yours.
We continue for a delightful stopover at a charming farmer's house where you will be welcomed and given the usual friendly treatment by the farmers who will later share with you a delicious homemade cup of coffee and a wonderful selection of the juiciest and sweetest of local fruits. Among all the organic food you will be given in the farm the most enjoyable is sugar cane!!!
Later on we head towards a beautiful ranch where locals will be awaiting to greet you with a folkloric country party or guateque; a traditional celebration in which they will prove that Cuban farmers are the best dancers on Earth. It is here where you'll be getting the real Cuban experience, as you engage in lively interactions with the locals and dance to the rhythms of salsa and country music.
Learn to appreciate the sweet guitar tunes of traditional country music while a farmer roasts the traditional pig outdoors and others prepare the popular accompaniment of "black beans and rice" in the indoor kitchen. Have fun playing "The Pig's Tail" game and participate in this entertaining activity with locals and other visitors. The game consists of everyone gathering around in a circle surrounding the roast pig whilst dancing and singing, once the music stops the winner will get the crunchy tail! Then, get ready to tuck in and taste this homemade lunch that's not only delicious but based on authentic local recipes!!!. At the end musicians will play a rhythmical song dedicated to the tour, the melody of which we you can forever keep as a lasting memory of the day.
Yet another addition to the excitements of the day will be some relaxing horseback riding. Both the experience rider and the beginner will have lots of fun guaranteed! And just before you head back to the hotel you'll stop at the Marina and drive your own speedboat fro two.
Come and join us at the heart of the island's charming countryside...a unique experience in the middle of the everyday Cuban atmosphere...far artificial, close to the pure and simple. We are sure that right after this full-day adventure you will express - like many other clients before - "this is the best tour I've ever done in my life (...)"
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Book by 20th of April for MASSIVE SAVINGS on Virgin Atlantic flights.
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Book by 20th of April for MASSIVE SAVINGS on Virgin Atlantic flights.
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Enjoy a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival and an evening turndown service in Havana at the Melia Havana
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.