Crane Beach - Barbados Truly Caribbean Holidays
Duration: Half Day
The beautiful pear-shaped island of Barbados is blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean – from the wild, rugged beaches of the East Coast to the calm turquoise waters of the West Coast – the island’s pristine white sandy bays attract sun seekers from all over the world. This tour will introduce you to a small piece of paradise as we visit the breathtaking Crane Beach.
Situated on Barbados’ south-east coast, where the rugged landscapes of the Atlantic north and east coast meet the calm bays and waters of the Caribbean west coast, Crane Beach is regarded as one of the world’s finest beaches. The name reputedly refers to the large crane that used to load and unload ships here in the 18th century. Today, the beach is visited by holidaymakers who have uncovered the secret that this is one of the best beaches on the island.
The alluring sea is famous for its hues of blues, turquoises and aquamarines, which stretch as far as the eye can see, whilst the pink, powdery soft sands feels like a luxurious blanket beneath your feet. Fringed by lush coconut palms, Crane Beach is the perfect beach to relax on – both in and out of the sun. It is also one of the best places on the island to watch the sun go down. Let your cares float away as you soak up the rays and feel the warm tropical breeze on your skin.
When it’s time to cool off, enjoy a refreshing dip in the crystal clear waters, which are protected by a natural coral reef. The beach has a gentle descent from shallow to deep and the moderate waves are excellent for body boarding and strong swimmers. A calm, protected cove can be found a little further along the beach for children and weaker swimmers. If you are lucky, you may even spot sea turtles swimming here. Not to be missed during your holiday in Barbados, this idyllic destination is the perfect place to while away the hours in paradise.
If you have more time to explore the local area, take a tour of the Heritage Park & Rum Factory, which is housed in a restored sugar refinery; or discover Barbados’ native creatures in their natural habitat at Oughterson Zoo Park. For a more tranquil experience, the nearby East Point Lighthouse at Rugged Point (the most easterly point of the island) offers spectacular views of the East Coast. The options are endless.
Barbados Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
This hand picked twin centre perfectly combines two deluxe hotels in two amazing locaitons for an unmissable holiday
- Grenadian by Rex Resorts has a unique location on 2 broad sandy beaches. one relaxing beach and the other a watersports paradise
- The friendly Worthing Court has a wonderful location beautifully nestled on Barbados' pristine south coast
- Barbados and Grenada are two of the most amazing islands in Caribbean and you will be spending your time split between the destinations for a truly great holiday
Escape to the sunny shore of the Caribbean with a holiday in gorgeous Grenada and beautiful Barbados
Enjoy the boutique charm of True Blue Bay Boutique, Grenada, before heading to the Rostrevor Hotel
- Rostrevor is a great hotel with a prime beachfront location in St. Lawrence Gap, bustling with things for you to do on your holidays
- Make the most of free beach transfers and free activities during your stay at True Blue Bay
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi at both the Rostrevor Hotel and True Blue Bay
Combine Pineapple Beach Club, Antigua and The Club Barbados to truly experience the best of the Caribbean
- The Club Barbados Resort and Spa offers an abundance of activites, a friendly social atmosphere and an excellent base for Barbados
- Pineapple beach offers stunning Beachfront views on 30 acres
- Combined Laid Back, Adults Only, All Inclusive Resorts with plenty of activites to do and nearby attractions to enjoy
Relax and unwind at the wonderful Hodges Bay Resort by Elegant Hotels in Antigua and Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels in Barbados
- Swim through a waterfall during your stay at Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels and reward yourself with a refreshing drink at The Cave bar after your swim
- Make the most of an extensive range of facilities at Hodges Bay by Elegant Hotels, including a deluxe spa, water sports, 3 pools, tropical gardens, and much more
- Discover a number of Caribbean charms including Barbados' famous west coast and Antigua's calm waters and coral reefs
Couples delight in the form of Two of Sandal's most prestigious properties
- Complimentary transfers included for both hotels
- All Included, All Unlimited, All the time from meals, drinks, water sports and lands sports
- 5 Star Global Gourment Dining™ from a choice of restaurants at both hotels
Like many other Antigua hotels, the Rex Halcyon Cove Hotel is situated right on a stunning stretch of pristine beach, so...
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Informal and fun, Pineapple Beach Club is an Adults Only All Inclusive relaxing holiday destination. This hotel...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
You can enjoy all the aspects of the charming island of Barbados, at the elegant Worthing Court located near all the...
Come and soak up the sun with two great value hotels that offer something for families and couples. Starting with...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Set in 37 acres of landscaped tropical gardens, the Hawksbill by Rex Resorts is a special little Caribbean hideaway that...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Barbados
Barbados NewsBrowse all Barbados News
As a Barbadian, born and raised, it’s not the first time Rihanna speaks candidly about her native Caribbean island. This time, the chart-topping singer has spoken to Conde Nast Traveller to reveal her favourite places in Barbados, from her hometown to the best seafood, the liveliest nightlife, top bars and the biggest street party of the year.
Now in its second year, the celebration of Dive Fest Barbados 2018 seeks to raise awareness about the protection of the Caribbean island's reefs. The upcoming event to be celebrated next month wants to sing the praises of Barbados' excellent diving sites whilst at the same time highlighting the challenges it faces in order to preserve a healthy fish and coral population.
The Elegant Hotels Group has announced the opening of Treasure Beach, following a $10.5 million renovation project. The luxury hotel is located on the west coast of Barbados and offers an adults-only experience with 35 one-bedroom suites, and facilities including a swimming pool and Tapestry, the onsite restaurant. The property is the seventh hotel to join the company’s collection.