With its vibrant colonial past, colourful heritage and strong British influence, this little island enjoys unique appeal as one of the most relaxed in the Caribbean, beckoning travellers to enjoy rejuvenating Antigua holidays with a dash of culture. Ideal for couples, families or groups of friends, Antigua has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' that keeps people coming back time and time again. Come and discover this charming paradise with us as we attempt to show just what makes Antigua so very special...
Antigua is the perfect tranquil beach retreat if you're in search of utter peace and serenity with a dash of historical appeal, rich local traditions and a relaxed tropical vibe.
You'll find Antigua just north of the Equator, lined with powdery white sand beaches, protected by colourful reefs, and cooled by gentle breezes. Antigua is the perfect Caribbean island. As a former British colony and a thriving nation, there's a wealth of history and culture here that we can't wait to share with you.
Antigua is one of the most popular Caribbean destinations among our own travel advisers. Some of them are so passionate about the country they have visited it many times on their holidays. Get in touch and give us a chance to share our unique experiences and knowledge to help you create your perfect Antigua holiday.
A beach for every person, every day of the year
Antiguans often boast about having 365 beaches, one for every day of the year, so you're sure to find your own perfect slice of paradise here, whether it's topping up your tan on Antigua's secluded southern beaches, enjoying family fun in the calm waters at Jolly Harbour, or surfing the waves at Dutchman's Bay.
Caribbean culture with British roots
Forming a whole country together with its sister island of Barbuda, Antigua is an English-speaking nation that once was Britain's most important Caribbean base in the 1700s. You'll see traces of Antigua's colonial history dotted around the island. One big echo of Antigua's British past is in the locals' love of cricket. If you're lucky, you can sample the unique atmosphere of a game during your stay.
The Caribbean culture is very much alive in Antigua today, and nowhere more so than during the summer carnival, when rhythmic steel bands play all night long.
To find a holiday in Antigua that suits your budget let us help you take care of the details, from how to get there to where to stay and what to do. For the ultimate way to relax, ask our experts about Antigua's superb all inclusive beach resorts.
Antigua Holidays Browse all
Stay in pure paradise in a beautiful 25-acre property, elegantly surrounded by 1600 feet of spectacular powdery white sands.
- Relax and unwind in paradisiacal beaches at an exceptional resort
- Rejuvenate at the hotel Spa
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay at the Outhouse - enjoy fresh Barbeques daily
Relax in the surroundings of lush green gardens and an incredible mile long white sand beach
- Spoil yourself from a choice of 5 restaurants all serving mouthwatering cusine
- Children can enjoy themselves in the Kids club
- Relax and pamper yourself in the Palm Wellness Centre
Choose from either the Mediterranean village section or the palm tree surrounded Caribbean grove section
- Be spolit for choice and choose from 11 first class restaurants and 4 bars - including a Traditional English Pub
- Pamper yourself at the Red Lane Spa*
- Splash around from a choice of 6 swimming pools & 5 whirlpools
Romantic Caribbean hideaway featuring the Indulge Spa which is surrounded by a Bird Sanctuary & the Stunning Lagoon
- Stay in a Gaugin Cottage designed to reflect the Tahitian ambiance
- Indulge at one of the Three Alfresco Restaurants where offerings are prepared with care under the direction of Award-Winning Executive Chef Andrew Stan Baxter
- Enjoy Complimentary Non-Motorized Water Sports such as Bicycling, Tennis & More
Relaxing beach resort including Secluded Beach Coves, 7 Freshwater Pools & 17 Acres of Lush Tropical Gardens
- Relax at the Spa offering a choice of treatments using Elemis products
- Enjoy a variety of exciting Water Sports including Snorkelling, Windsurfing, Laser Sailing & More
- Get into the Party Spirit with live entertainment including a Steel Band, Piano Instrumental & a Latin Night
Informal and fun, Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua is a relaxing holiday destination. This hotel enjoys a prime location on...
Jolly Beach Resort and Spa is set amongst 40 acres of tropical gardens on an amazing mile-long white sand beach. This...
The Verandah Resort & Spa is hidden in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua. Set on 30 beachfront...
Galley Bay is an exclusive retreat for the discerning traveller and the ideal Antiguan holiday escape. This resort sits...
Your luxury holiday begins as soon as you step into Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa. Located on a beautiful beach at...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
NewsBrowse all News
Hoping that 2013 will be another successful year for the tourism industry, Antigua's Minister of Tourism has recently unveiled a series of measures and projects to enhance the quality of Antigua holidays offered to discerning travellers.
In order to ensure travellers have easy access to the twin-island nation this October, the tourism authorities in Antigua and Barbuda are pushing to secure air travel routes in the region with LIAT Airlines. This move will help boost the number of tourists taking Antigua holidays this month with new and more affordable travel fares.
A recent increase in the number of travellers taking Antigua holidays has led to the nation recording the best hotel occupancy levels in the past three years. New data released by the Antigua Hotels and Tourist Association has revealed that the Caribbean island nation's average occupancy levels in 2012 reached 63.8 per cent in April this year.