Rated 4.1 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Just had to send an e-mail to say what a fantastic time we had in Cuba.
The rep in Guardalavaca (JODI) was fantastic.
One of the trips we went on was on our last day in Guardalavaca before we flew on to Havana, it was, we were told, a new trip that only The Holiday Place do. The trip was billed as "Inside the countryside tour".
We were given the option to drive our own 4X4 jeep as part of a convoy with a tour guide in the first & last jeeps.
We set off at 07:30am & did not return until 17:45pm.
What a full fun packed day it was, it started with a short drive to a lagoon where we were divided into pairs and given a jet ski (more of a mini sit on speed boat really) & set off on a ½ hour self drive jet-ski trip around the mangroves & out to sea.
From there it was out into the country to a cigar factory & then a hat making factory where we all received a free cigar & free straw hat.
Then it was off to a farm for a cup of real country style Cuban coffee, then to a ranch for a drink out of fresh coconuts, & a fruit buffet before a ½ hour horse ride, then lunch which was fresh spit roasted suckling pig accompanied by rice & salad, it was so good my eldest son who is almost 17 had FOUR helpings.Then some locals turned up for a afternoon Cuban party with live music.
Finally a drive back through the mountain villages where we could give presents to the children before returning to the hotel.
If I rate the "Inside the countryside tour" out of ten it would have to be 10+ !!
Please could you pass my thanks to Jodi in Guardalavaca & also forward this e-mail on to your Managing Director so that someone up high knows what a great job is being done by the resort reps.
Many Thanks for a great holiday.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT