Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Egypt Holiday - Ra II Nile Cruise
We have just returned from our cruise on the Nile on the Ra II and I would like to say how much we enjoyed the holiday.
We were concerned about arriving at Luxor airport, who would be there to meet us and how we would identify them, but our fears were totally groundless. As soon as we walked through the door in Arrivals, we saw a clipboard with 'The Holiday Place' and the gentleman holding it couldn't have been more helpful. He helped us through the formalities of arriving in Egypt, then gave us a commentary on the bus taking us to our boat.
We were very impressed with the Ra II - especially the happy crew. I think that the staff will reflect the state of the boat, and the Ra II's staff were all friendly and obviously very happy and always willing to give any assistance we needed. The standard of cleanliness was over and above what we expected and the food was superb. We also enjoyed the entertainment offered on the ship - especially the Cocktail 'Welcome' evening and the Fancy dress night.
As for our tour guide, Mostafa Aziz, I cannot express highly enough our appreciation for him. He is obviously very passionate about Egypt - both ancient and modern - and his talks brought everything to life for us. His sense of humour and infinite information made everything really interesting and we all learnt an enormous amount during the week. He was also on hand at any time to answer any queries or help with problems. It was nice also being in a small group as we got to know the others in the group really well and felt that we had more individual attention from Mostafa.
The transfer to the airport on the way home also went without a hitch. The guide who accompanied us also took pains to ensure that everything was okay and to explain the formalities and stayed with us until we were at passport control.
Everything about the holiday was excellent and we will certainly consider booking with your company again.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The ultimate Egyptian backdrop in the shadow of the only remaining ancient wonder of the world.
- Indulge the mind, body and spirit in Indulge spa. Take advantage of the steam room, sauna, whirlpool and chill out zones
- Set in landscaped gardens, equipped with two heated swimming pools and bar, Le Meridien enjoys spectacular views of the Pyramids, just a short drive from Cairo
- World famous dining with international, Mexican and Oriental menus to be savoured
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT