Sue and Mark Fifield
Rated 4.3 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Holiday (Tejadillo Hotel Havana + Blau Varadero)
We returned from Cuba on Monday 13th February and as we have not been invited to complete a satisfaction questionnaire we wanted to write to acknowledge our appreciation to The Holiday Place for facilitating us to have such an enjoyable holiday in Cuba. In particular we would like to mention: Alexandra, who was the consultant who advised us on our booking. After an initial review of availability on your website and checking out hotels on trip advisor, we spoke to Alexandra who suggested the two hotels that we eventually stayed in. From our relatively brief conversation she clearly understood our requirements and we very much enjoyed the Tejadillo Hotel in Havana and the Blau Varadero in Varadero. The only slight hiccup on arrival in Havana was the Tejadillo had appeared to have overbooked and ourselves and another couple were relocated for the first night to their sister hotel the San Miguel nearby. Otherwise, the location is perfect and enabled us to fully appreciate the atmosphere and all that Havana Vieja has to offer.
Our representative (Asi?) in Havana was also excellent. She kept the welcome meeting brief but conveyed all the information we needed. Her advice to take a trip on the day we were scheduled to transfer to Varadero was excellent as we had the benefit of an excursion we would probably not have taken and we arrived at our beach hotel earlier than we would otherwise have done without trailing around a lot of hotels. We were also impressed with the Blau Varadero, not for its aesthetic appearance, but could not fault the excellent facilities or friendly, professional service of the staff. We did not take any excursions so did not need to interact with the representative there much.
This was our first experience flying with Virgin and we were impressed with this also. We had been looking forward to our visit to Cuba for some time and had high expectations, which were met, if not exceeded. The Holiday Place contributed to this and we would certainly be happy to recommend THP to others and will consider THP when booking future holidays, especially as we would like to return to Cuba and explore the eastern side of the island. (We had been recommended to THP by friends, Mr and Mrs Bryan Goddard, who had travelled to Cuba in February 2011 for their honeymoon).
Sue and Mark Fifield
Cuba Holidays Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for an 8-day dream holiday. Guardalavaca is known to host the country's most...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT