Sue and Mark Fifield
Rated 4.3 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Holiday (Tejadillo Hotel Havana + Blau Varadero)
We returned from Cuba on Monday 13th February and as we have not been invited to complete a satisfaction questionnaire we wanted to write to acknowledge our appreciation to The Holiday Place for facilitating us to have such an enjoyable holiday in Cuba. In particular we would like to mention: Alexandra, who was the consultant who advised us on our booking. After an initial review of availability on your website and checking out hotels on trip advisor, we spoke to Alexandra who suggested the two hotels that we eventually stayed in. From our relatively brief conversation she clearly understood our requirements and we very much enjoyed the Tejadillo Hotel in Havana and the Blau Varadero in Varadero. The only slight hiccup on arrival in Havana was the Tejadillo had appeared to have overbooked and ourselves and another couple were relocated for the first night to their sister hotel the San Miguel nearby. Otherwise, the location is perfect and enabled us to fully appreciate the atmosphere and all that Havana Vieja has to offer.
Our representative (Asi?) in Havana was also excellent. She kept the welcome meeting brief but conveyed all the information we needed. Her advice to take a trip on the day we were scheduled to transfer to Varadero was excellent as we had the benefit of an excursion we would probably not have taken and we arrived at our beach hotel earlier than we would otherwise have done without trailing around a lot of hotels. We were also impressed with the Blau Varadero, not for its aesthetic appearance, but could not fault the excellent facilities or friendly, professional service of the staff. We did not take any excursions so did not need to interact with the representative there much.
This was our first experience flying with Virgin and we were impressed with this also. We had been looking forward to our visit to Cuba for some time and had high expectations, which were met, if not exceeded. The Holiday Place contributed to this and we would certainly be happy to recommend THP to others and will consider THP when booking future holidays, especially as we would like to return to Cuba and explore the eastern side of the island. (We had been recommended to THP by friends, Mr and Mrs Bryan Goddard, who had travelled to Cuba in February 2011 for their honeymoon).
Sue and Mark Fifield
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT