Sue and Mark Fifield
Rated 4.3 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Holiday (Tejadillo Hotel Havana + Blau Varadero)
We returned from Cuba on Monday 13th February and as we have not been invited to complete a satisfaction questionnaire we wanted to write to acknowledge our appreciation to The Holiday Place for facilitating us to have such an enjoyable holiday in Cuba. In particular we would like to mention: Alexandra, who was the consultant who advised us on our booking. After an initial review of availability on your website and checking out hotels on trip advisor, we spoke to Alexandra who suggested the two hotels that we eventually stayed in. From our relatively brief conversation she clearly understood our requirements and we very much enjoyed the Tejadillo Hotel in Havana and the Blau Varadero in Varadero. The only slight hiccup on arrival in Havana was the Tejadillo had appeared to have overbooked and ourselves and another couple were relocated for the first night to their sister hotel the San Miguel nearby. Otherwise, the location is perfect and enabled us to fully appreciate the atmosphere and all that Havana Vieja has to offer.
Our representative (Asi?) in Havana was also excellent. She kept the welcome meeting brief but conveyed all the information we needed. Her advice to take a trip on the day we were scheduled to transfer to Varadero was excellent as we had the benefit of an excursion we would probably not have taken and we arrived at our beach hotel earlier than we would otherwise have done without trailing around a lot of hotels. We were also impressed with the Blau Varadero, not for its aesthetic appearance, but could not fault the excellent facilities or friendly, professional service of the staff. We did not take any excursions so did not need to interact with the representative there much.
This was our first experience flying with Virgin and we were impressed with this also. We had been looking forward to our visit to Cuba for some time and had high expectations, which were met, if not exceeded. The Holiday Place contributed to this and we would certainly be happy to recommend THP to others and will consider THP when booking future holidays, especially as we would like to return to Cuba and explore the eastern side of the island. (We had been recommended to THP by friends, Mr and Mrs Bryan Goddard, who had travelled to Cuba in February 2011 for their honeymoon).
Sue and Mark Fifield
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sun-kissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Oct
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Seize this opportunity to explore Cuba's mystical and ancient capital from top to bottom, savouring its enduring...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT