Sue and Mark Fifield
Rated 4.3 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Holiday (Tejadillo Hotel Havana + Blau Varadero)
We returned from Cuba on Monday 13th February and as we have not been invited to complete a satisfaction questionnaire we wanted to write to acknowledge our appreciation to The Holiday Place for facilitating us to have such an enjoyable holiday in Cuba. In particular we would like to mention: Alexandra, who was the consultant who advised us on our booking. After an initial review of availability on your website and checking out hotels on trip advisor, we spoke to Alexandra who suggested the two hotels that we eventually stayed in. From our relatively brief conversation she clearly understood our requirements and we very much enjoyed the Tejadillo Hotel in Havana and the Blau Varadero in Varadero. The only slight hiccup on arrival in Havana was the Tejadillo had appeared to have overbooked and ourselves and another couple were relocated for the first night to their sister hotel the San Miguel nearby. Otherwise, the location is perfect and enabled us to fully appreciate the atmosphere and all that Havana Vieja has to offer.
Our representative (Asi?) in Havana was also excellent. She kept the welcome meeting brief but conveyed all the information we needed. Her advice to take a trip on the day we were scheduled to transfer to Varadero was excellent as we had the benefit of an excursion we would probably not have taken and we arrived at our beach hotel earlier than we would otherwise have done without trailing around a lot of hotels. We were also impressed with the Blau Varadero, not for its aesthetic appearance, but could not fault the excellent facilities or friendly, professional service of the staff. We did not take any excursions so did not need to interact with the representative there much.
This was our first experience flying with Virgin and we were impressed with this also. We had been looking forward to our visit to Cuba for some time and had high expectations, which were met, if not exceeded. The Holiday Place contributed to this and we would certainly be happy to recommend THP to others and will consider THP when booking future holidays, especially as we would like to return to Cuba and explore the eastern side of the island. (We had been recommended to THP by friends, Mr and Mrs Bryan Goddard, who had travelled to Cuba in February 2011 for their honeymoon).
Sue and Mark Fifield
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT