Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Dear The Holiday Place,
Having just returned from two weeks in Egypt with you I wanted to write to thank you for an amazing holiday. Despite having booked at last minute everything worked beautifully.
I was incredibly impressed with the reps who did all my airport transfers – they couldn’t have been more helpful meeting me at the earliest point possible in the airport on arrival and taking me as far through the check in process as possible on departure. The customer service was exceptional.
I was also incredibly impressed with my tour guides in Cairo (Ameira), Luxor (Mohammed Hassan) and in Aswan (Wael Mohammed Ali) all of whom were inexhaustibly knowledgeable and lovely company to have when visiting the different sites of interest. Happy to talk about anything with me it was a pleasure to meet them and get to know them. Their customer care was excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending them for future tours. It was disappointing to not go to Edfu temple while on the Nile. The rep explained about the carriage drivers dispute however parties with other tour operators on board did still make the trip.
Both the Mercure Le Sphinx and Oriental Resort were lovely hotels and made for very comfortable places to stay however I would like to make particular note of the MS Le Scribe which may not have been the most luxurious of Nile river boats but the staff were superb – from the boat manager all the way to the bar staff and housekeeping team. They could not do enough for you and were always so happy to help, or even just have a chat.
There was also a guide on board supporting another party from the UK who, despite my not being with that travel operator, was happy to help with any query I had and once again to take the time to chat and make me feel welcome. His name is Mahmoud Sadek and I would happily recommend him should you be looking for more guides in Egypt. I believe you should be able to contact him through Mohammed Hassan as once I met Mohammed in Luxor and he knew I was travelling on my own he contacted Mahmoud to ask him to look out for me. Just one example of the outstanding customer care I received.
My only disappointment was with regards to the cost of the trips where, despite having paid a single person supplement for the holiday I was then stung again for the trips significantly increasing the cost of the holiday once I was there. Having said that I would definitely travel with you again based on my experience of Egypt and would be very grateful if you could keep me up to date with any offers you have for single travellers.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of Egypt while partaking of 5-star treatment in one...
Make the most of the centric location, beautiful beach surroundings, luxurious perks and marvellous services of the...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT