Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Dear The Holiday Place,
Having just returned from two weeks in Egypt with you I wanted to write to thank you for an amazing holiday. Despite having booked at last minute everything worked beautifully.
I was incredibly impressed with the reps who did all my airport transfers – they couldn’t have been more helpful meeting me at the earliest point possible in the airport on arrival and taking me as far through the check in process as possible on departure. The customer service was exceptional.
I was also incredibly impressed with my tour guides in Cairo (Ameira), Luxor (Mohammed Hassan) and in Aswan (Wael Mohammed Ali) all of whom were inexhaustibly knowledgeable and lovely company to have when visiting the different sites of interest. Happy to talk about anything with me it was a pleasure to meet them and get to know them. Their customer care was excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending them for future tours. It was disappointing to not go to Edfu temple while on the Nile. The rep explained about the carriage drivers dispute however parties with other tour operators on board did still make the trip.
Both the Mercure Le Sphinx and Oriental Resort were lovely hotels and made for very comfortable places to stay however I would like to make particular note of the MS Le Scribe which may not have been the most luxurious of Nile river boats but the staff were superb – from the boat manager all the way to the bar staff and housekeeping team. They could not do enough for you and were always so happy to help, or even just have a chat.
There was also a guide on board supporting another party from the UK who, despite my not being with that travel operator, was happy to help with any query I had and once again to take the time to chat and make me feel welcome. His name is Mahmoud Sadek and I would happily recommend him should you be looking for more guides in Egypt. I believe you should be able to contact him through Mohammed Hassan as once I met Mohammed in Luxor and he knew I was travelling on my own he contacted Mahmoud to ask him to look out for me. Just one example of the outstanding customer care I received.
My only disappointment was with regards to the cost of the trips where, despite having paid a single person supplement for the holiday I was then stung again for the trips significantly increasing the cost of the holiday once I was there. Having said that I would definitely travel with you again based on my experience of Egypt and would be very grateful if you could keep me up to date with any offers you have for single travellers.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
The ultimate Egyptian backdrop in the shadow of the only remaining ancient wonder of the world.
- Indulge the mind, body and spirit in Indulge spa. Take advantage of the steam room, sauna, whirlpool and chill out zones
- Set in landscaped gardens, equipped with two heated swimming pools and bar, Le Meridien enjoys spectacular views of the Pyramids, just a short drive from Cairo
- World famous dining with international, Mexican and Oriental menus to be savoured
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Great resort for the Family with endless fun at the Movenpick Kids Club during the day and night
- 18-holes golf course is just 1km away
- Discover El Gouna town with a daily shuttle bus - optional Â£20 per person
- Enjoy a sumptuous choice of dining at the Movenpick buffet restaurant
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT