Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Dear The Holiday Place,
Having just returned from two weeks in Egypt with you I wanted to write to thank you for an amazing holiday. Despite having booked at last minute everything worked beautifully.
I was incredibly impressed with the reps who did all my airport transfers – they couldn’t have been more helpful meeting me at the earliest point possible in the airport on arrival and taking me as far through the check in process as possible on departure. The customer service was exceptional.
I was also incredibly impressed with my tour guides in Cairo (Ameira), Luxor (Mohammed Hassan) and in Aswan (Wael Mohammed Ali) all of whom were inexhaustibly knowledgeable and lovely company to have when visiting the different sites of interest. Happy to talk about anything with me it was a pleasure to meet them and get to know them. Their customer care was excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending them for future tours. It was disappointing to not go to Edfu temple while on the Nile. The rep explained about the carriage drivers dispute however parties with other tour operators on board did still make the trip.
Both the Mercure Le Sphinx and Oriental Resort were lovely hotels and made for very comfortable places to stay however I would like to make particular note of the MS Le Scribe which may not have been the most luxurious of Nile river boats but the staff were superb – from the boat manager all the way to the bar staff and housekeeping team. They could not do enough for you and were always so happy to help, or even just have a chat.
There was also a guide on board supporting another party from the UK who, despite my not being with that travel operator, was happy to help with any query I had and once again to take the time to chat and make me feel welcome. His name is Mahmoud Sadek and I would happily recommend him should you be looking for more guides in Egypt. I believe you should be able to contact him through Mohammed Hassan as once I met Mohammed in Luxor and he knew I was travelling on my own he contacted Mahmoud to ask him to look out for me. Just one example of the outstanding customer care I received.
My only disappointment was with regards to the cost of the trips where, despite having paid a single person supplement for the holiday I was then stung again for the trips significantly increasing the cost of the holiday once I was there. Having said that I would definitely travel with you again based on my experience of Egypt and would be very grateful if you could keep me up to date with any offers you have for single travellers.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Ideally located on the eastern bank of the Nile, the hotel offers an oasis of luxury with excellent facilities and beautiful views across the Nile
- This hotel is a haven of relaxation where you can lie back in a sun lounge immersed in one of the hotel's infinity pools or relax in a shaded hammock and take in the views
- There are seven restaurants and bars to chose from including the elegant Sunset Lounge and Terrace which serves cocktails and snacks as well as stunning sunset views
- The Hilton Luxor features contemporary guest rooms, excellent facilities and uninterrupted views across the Nile
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
A wonderful and exclusive beach retreat; El Gouna bustles with artists, environmentalists and sports enthusiasts who enjoy the perfect location between mountains and sea.
- Boasting an array of facilities including four swimming pools, championship golf course and much more
- Fully wheelchair accessible and environmentally friendly
- Located directly on the Red Sea with 2 Kilometres of private beach
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Superior Swiss Inn Radamis I Nile Cruise + Movenpick Resort and Spa El Gouna + Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor
Discover the mysteries of the legendary River Nile as you take an 8-day cruise on its tranquil waters. This is your...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Get to know some of the most amazing sites in Egypt during a luxurious 15-day stay at the Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers...
Rising above the city, overlooking the mighty River Nile is one of Cairo's classiest hotels. The five-star Ramses Hilton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT