Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Dear The Holiday Place,
Having just returned from two weeks in Egypt with you I wanted to write to thank you for an amazing holiday. Despite having booked at last minute everything worked beautifully.
I was incredibly impressed with the reps who did all my airport transfers – they couldn’t have been more helpful meeting me at the earliest point possible in the airport on arrival and taking me as far through the check in process as possible on departure. The customer service was exceptional.
I was also incredibly impressed with my tour guides in Cairo (Ameira), Luxor (Mohammed Hassan) and in Aswan (Wael Mohammed Ali) all of whom were inexhaustibly knowledgeable and lovely company to have when visiting the different sites of interest. Happy to talk about anything with me it was a pleasure to meet them and get to know them. Their customer care was excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending them for future tours. It was disappointing to not go to Edfu temple while on the Nile. The rep explained about the carriage drivers dispute however parties with other tour operators on board did still make the trip.
Both the Mercure Le Sphinx and Oriental Resort were lovely hotels and made for very comfortable places to stay however I would like to make particular note of the MS Le Scribe which may not have been the most luxurious of Nile river boats but the staff were superb – from the boat manager all the way to the bar staff and housekeeping team. They could not do enough for you and were always so happy to help, or even just have a chat.
There was also a guide on board supporting another party from the UK who, despite my not being with that travel operator, was happy to help with any query I had and once again to take the time to chat and make me feel welcome. His name is Mahmoud Sadek and I would happily recommend him should you be looking for more guides in Egypt. I believe you should be able to contact him through Mohammed Hassan as once I met Mohammed in Luxor and he knew I was travelling on my own he contacted Mahmoud to ask him to look out for me. Just one example of the outstanding customer care I received.
My only disappointment was with regards to the cost of the trips where, despite having paid a single person supplement for the holiday I was then stung again for the trips significantly increasing the cost of the holiday once I was there. Having said that I would definitely travel with you again based on my experience of Egypt and would be very grateful if you could keep me up to date with any offers you have for single travellers.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Cruise on the world's longest river with 7000 years of history while enjoying 21st century comfort on the cruise liner featuring superb amenities.
- Enjoy nightly entertainment at the Lounge with its resident DJ, drinks and dancing.
- The Cruise allows you to discover the stunning sights and attractions of the River Nile in comfort.
- The hotel ship offers a comprehensive program of sightseeing which is accompanied by an expert guide.
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Be thoroughly entertained on a journey of discovery in ultimate comfort on a Nile cruise like no other
- All cabins come equipped with sliding glass doors opening onto private balconies and come equipped with all the modern amenities you would expect
- There is plenty to keep you entertained on the ship including a disco, welcome cocktail party and a range of shows
- Make the most of the beaming sun on the sun deck overlooking the Nile offering refreshing cocktails all day until sunset
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Make the most of the centric location, beautiful beach surroundings, luxurious perks and marvellous services of the...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of Egypt while partaking of 5-star treatment in one...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...
Spend 4 days discovering the ancient wonders of Egypt while you unwind in the luxurious Grand Nile Tower hotel in Cairo....
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT