Mrs Coleman & Mr Boxer
Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Sri Lanka
Great Sri Lankan Holiday
We have just returned from Sri Lanka and the purpose of this letter is to convey our thanks and to compliment you on the complete package that we enjoyed so much. We would also be delighted if you would forward on this letter to Mr Sidiq of SITA SRI LANKA both as a compliment to his company and as they were so helpful retrieving and returning the two devices that we left or mislaid en route. £1,300+ for an 11 trip is not the cheapest holiday on offer....but we have returned feeling that we have enjoyed a real bargain!! We arrived in Colombo and were met by ASLAM who introduced himself as our personal guide for the trip. But when he arrived in a nice comfy saloon... which we were in, on our own for the six days of touring – this was a really un-expected bonus!! Aslam was a joy throughout – cheerful, informative and (it must be said) the least mad and most defensive of drivers on the roads. The 450+ photos that I took are a testament to the very interesting and varied place Sri Lanka turned out to be, but all was achieved without any sense of rushing. All but one of the hotels were above average and this added to the ‘great value’ that I mentioned above. The one exception was on the sixth night at Tissamaha – the day of the safari excursion at Yala. Arrival at this little hotel was delightful – lovely pool, nice room and beautiful views etc. However, the owner/manager has recruited very kind and charming local young men..... but has given them absolutely no hotel training whatsoever. Waiting over an hour for a simple meal with no salt, pepper or glasses on the tables, for example. All the other hotels were really fine, and the 4 days ‘r &r’ at The Citrus in Waskadura was a real treat. I am therefore delighted to send these comments on to you.
Sri Lanka Holidays Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Fabulous dining and nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation
- Complimentary WiFi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Perfectly situated on the longest beach in Sri Lanka, the Club Koggala Village is a true tropical paradise hotel....
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT