Mrs Coleman & Mr Boxer
Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Sri Lanka
Great Sri Lankan Holiday
We have just returned from Sri Lanka and the purpose of this letter is to convey our thanks and to compliment you on the complete package that we enjoyed so much. We would also be delighted if you would forward on this letter to Mr Sidiq of SITA SRI LANKA both as a compliment to his company and as they were so helpful retrieving and returning the two devices that we left or mislaid en route. £1,300+ for an 11 trip is not the cheapest holiday on offer....but we have returned feeling that we have enjoyed a real bargain!! We arrived in Colombo and were met by ASLAM who introduced himself as our personal guide for the trip. But when he arrived in a nice comfy saloon... which we were in, on our own for the six days of touring – this was a really un-expected bonus!! Aslam was a joy throughout – cheerful, informative and (it must be said) the least mad and most defensive of drivers on the roads. The 450+ photos that I took are a testament to the very interesting and varied place Sri Lanka turned out to be, but all was achieved without any sense of rushing. All but one of the hotels were above average and this added to the ‘great value’ that I mentioned above. The one exception was on the sixth night at Tissamaha – the day of the safari excursion at Yala. Arrival at this little hotel was delightful – lovely pool, nice room and beautiful views etc. However, the owner/manager has recruited very kind and charming local young men..... but has given them absolutely no hotel training whatsoever. Waiting over an hour for a simple meal with no salt, pepper or glasses on the tables, for example. All the other hotels were really fine, and the 4 days ‘r &r’ at The Citrus in Waskadura was a real treat. I am therefore delighted to send these comments on to you.
Sri Lanka Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
For a taste of Sri Lanka choose Eden Rock Resort and Spa, the worthy winner of Trip Advisor'ss 2012 Certificate of Excellence Award
- All rooms have a Private Balcony or Terrace with a view of either the Garden or the Indian Ocean
- Rejuvenate at the Spa and Ayuveda Centre
- Access to Temptation - a Fine-Dining Restaurant - the 24-Hr Chameleon Cafe & more
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Perfectly situated on the longest beach in Sri Lanka, the Club Koggala Village is a true tropical paradise hotel....
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT