Mrs Coleman & Mr Boxer
Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Sri Lanka
Great Sri Lankan Holiday
We have just returned from Sri Lanka and the purpose of this letter is to convey our thanks and to compliment you on the complete package that we enjoyed so much. We would also be delighted if you would forward on this letter to Mr Sidiq of SITA SRI LANKA both as a compliment to his company and as they were so helpful retrieving and returning the two devices that we left or mislaid en route. £1,300+ for an 11 trip is not the cheapest holiday on offer....but we have returned feeling that we have enjoyed a real bargain!! We arrived in Colombo and were met by ASLAM who introduced himself as our personal guide for the trip. But when he arrived in a nice comfy saloon... which we were in, on our own for the six days of touring – this was a really un-expected bonus!! Aslam was a joy throughout – cheerful, informative and (it must be said) the least mad and most defensive of drivers on the roads. The 450+ photos that I took are a testament to the very interesting and varied place Sri Lanka turned out to be, but all was achieved without any sense of rushing. All but one of the hotels were above average and this added to the ‘great value’ that I mentioned above. The one exception was on the sixth night at Tissamaha – the day of the safari excursion at Yala. Arrival at this little hotel was delightful – lovely pool, nice room and beautiful views etc. However, the owner/manager has recruited very kind and charming local young men..... but has given them absolutely no hotel training whatsoever. Waiting over an hour for a simple meal with no salt, pepper or glasses on the tables, for example. All the other hotels were really fine, and the 4 days ‘r &r’ at The Citrus in Waskadura was a real treat. I am therefore delighted to send these comments on to you.
Sri Lanka Holidays Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Fabulous dining and nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation
- Complimentary WiFi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Perfectly situated on the longest beach in Sri Lanka, the Club Koggala Village is a true tropical paradise hotel....
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT