Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Activity - and My Experience
Hello Tony (and colleagues)!
As you know we completed two weeks paid holiday in Cuba with you – including my writing/photographing for some media outlets. This praises the unique aspects of Cuba, holidays there – and lists The Holiday Place as one of the major tour operators. I sent back your questionnaire which is the briefest look at the holiday and primarily two hotels; the latter of which was excellent despite food weaknesses. I also met Melia Marina’s GM to hear more of its future.
HOWEVER my prime reason for this E-mail is to record formally the excellent attention we received from Yordi Perez, your Varadero local rep, who went extra miles to help us and deserves our recognition and praise to you. I write a lot of travel, meet many reps, see different “civilisations” and its fair to say Yordi exceeded most if not all aids from the past. Her “giving” attitude peaked when she point-blank and totally genuinely refused my insistence of a handsome tip – accepting instead a hug and reassurance that we might meet again one day, in Cuba or, less likely, London which she visited once (World Travel Market) years ago. Please ensure her “boss” reads my comments.
On a different matter, I am a committee member of the British Guild of Travel Writers, whose 300 members publicise in media world tourism and companies such as yours/holiday destinations everywhere. I’m surprised to find no record of The Holiday Place in our nationally-known Year Book which lists tour operators, PRs and all our members, etc. You should be listed (you don’t have to advertise) and I can help you if you wish – or refer your Public Relations advisers to me, by E-mail or phone below. The launch of the 2014 book is next month at a special event.
I hope you appreciate my effort to recognise and help the Holiday Place and again, thank you, we were very pleased with our holiday in Cuba.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT