Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Activity - and My Experience
Hello Tony (and colleagues)!
As you know we completed two weeks paid holiday in Cuba with you – including my writing/photographing for some media outlets. This praises the unique aspects of Cuba, holidays there – and lists The Holiday Place as one of the major tour operators. I sent back your questionnaire which is the briefest look at the holiday and primarily two hotels; the latter of which was excellent despite food weaknesses. I also met Melia Marina’s GM to hear more of its future.
HOWEVER my prime reason for this E-mail is to record formally the excellent attention we received from Yordi Perez, your Varadero local rep, who went extra miles to help us and deserves our recognition and praise to you. I write a lot of travel, meet many reps, see different “civilisations” and its fair to say Yordi exceeded most if not all aids from the past. Her “giving” attitude peaked when she point-blank and totally genuinely refused my insistence of a handsome tip – accepting instead a hug and reassurance that we might meet again one day, in Cuba or, less likely, London which she visited once (World Travel Market) years ago. Please ensure her “boss” reads my comments.
On a different matter, I am a committee member of the British Guild of Travel Writers, whose 300 members publicise in media world tourism and companies such as yours/holiday destinations everywhere. I’m surprised to find no record of The Holiday Place in our nationally-known Year Book which lists tour operators, PRs and all our members, etc. You should be listed (you don’t have to advertise) and I can help you if you wish – or refer your Public Relations advisers to me, by E-mail or phone below. The launch of the 2014 book is next month at a special event.
I hope you appreciate my effort to recognise and help the Holiday Place and again, thank you, we were very pleased with our holiday in Cuba.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over half...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Spend a few nights at the Memories Miramar Havana Hotel in Havana and experience the Cuban lifestyle first-hand. The...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT