Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Activity - and My Experience
Hello Tony (and colleagues)!
As you know we completed two weeks paid holiday in Cuba with you – including my writing/photographing for some media outlets. This praises the unique aspects of Cuba, holidays there – and lists The Holiday Place as one of the major tour operators. I sent back your questionnaire which is the briefest look at the holiday and primarily two hotels; the latter of which was excellent despite food weaknesses. I also met Melia Marina’s GM to hear more of its future.
HOWEVER my prime reason for this E-mail is to record formally the excellent attention we received from Yordi Perez, your Varadero local rep, who went extra miles to help us and deserves our recognition and praise to you. I write a lot of travel, meet many reps, see different “civilisations” and its fair to say Yordi exceeded most if not all aids from the past. Her “giving” attitude peaked when she point-blank and totally genuinely refused my insistence of a handsome tip – accepting instead a hug and reassurance that we might meet again one day, in Cuba or, less likely, London which she visited once (World Travel Market) years ago. Please ensure her “boss” reads my comments.
On a different matter, I am a committee member of the British Guild of Travel Writers, whose 300 members publicise in media world tourism and companies such as yours/holiday destinations everywhere. I’m surprised to find no record of The Holiday Place in our nationally-known Year Book which lists tour operators, PRs and all our members, etc. You should be listed (you don’t have to advertise) and I can help you if you wish – or refer your Public Relations advisers to me, by E-mail or phone below. The launch of the 2014 book is next month at a special event.
I hope you appreciate my effort to recognise and help the Holiday Place and again, thank you, we were very pleased with our holiday in Cuba.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sun-kissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- The first 30 bookings for travel in September or October will also get free upgrades to Sea View rooms in both hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the beautiful and interesting sites of Cuba's capital during an 8-day stay in the centric Park View Hotel....
Seize this opportunity to explore Cuba's mystical and ancient capital from top to bottom, savouring its enduring...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT