Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Activity - and My Experience
Hello Tony (and colleagues)!
As you know we completed two weeks paid holiday in Cuba with you – including my writing/photographing for some media outlets. This praises the unique aspects of Cuba, holidays there – and lists The Holiday Place as one of the major tour operators. I sent back your questionnaire which is the briefest look at the holiday and primarily two hotels; the latter of which was excellent despite food weaknesses. I also met Melia Marina’s GM to hear more of its future.
HOWEVER my prime reason for this E-mail is to record formally the excellent attention we received from Yordi Perez, your Varadero local rep, who went extra miles to help us and deserves our recognition and praise to you. I write a lot of travel, meet many reps, see different “civilisations” and its fair to say Yordi exceeded most if not all aids from the past. Her “giving” attitude peaked when she point-blank and totally genuinely refused my insistence of a handsome tip – accepting instead a hug and reassurance that we might meet again one day, in Cuba or, less likely, London which she visited once (World Travel Market) years ago. Please ensure her “boss” reads my comments.
On a different matter, I am a committee member of the British Guild of Travel Writers, whose 300 members publicise in media world tourism and companies such as yours/holiday destinations everywhere. I’m surprised to find no record of The Holiday Place in our nationally-known Year Book which lists tour operators, PRs and all our members, etc. You should be listed (you don’t have to advertise) and I can help you if you wish – or refer your Public Relations advisers to me, by E-mail or phone below. The launch of the 2014 book is next month at a special event.
I hope you appreciate my effort to recognise and help the Holiday Place and again, thank you, we were very pleased with our holiday in Cuba.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Unwind with a massage or chill out in the Jacuzzi and relish in the relaxed, adults-only ambience
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Kick off your Cuba holiday with a stay at one of Havana's most elegant hotels where you will enjoy 3 quiet nights safely...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT