Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Activity - and My Experience
Hello Tony (and colleagues)!
As you know we completed two weeks paid holiday in Cuba with you – including my writing/photographing for some media outlets. This praises the unique aspects of Cuba, holidays there – and lists The Holiday Place as one of the major tour operators. I sent back your questionnaire which is the briefest look at the holiday and primarily two hotels; the latter of which was excellent despite food weaknesses. I also met Melia Marina’s GM to hear more of its future.
HOWEVER my prime reason for this E-mail is to record formally the excellent attention we received from Yordi Perez, your Varadero local rep, who went extra miles to help us and deserves our recognition and praise to you. I write a lot of travel, meet many reps, see different “civilisations” and its fair to say Yordi exceeded most if not all aids from the past. Her “giving” attitude peaked when she point-blank and totally genuinely refused my insistence of a handsome tip – accepting instead a hug and reassurance that we might meet again one day, in Cuba or, less likely, London which she visited once (World Travel Market) years ago. Please ensure her “boss” reads my comments.
On a different matter, I am a committee member of the British Guild of Travel Writers, whose 300 members publicise in media world tourism and companies such as yours/holiday destinations everywhere. I’m surprised to find no record of The Holiday Place in our nationally-known Year Book which lists tour operators, PRs and all our members, etc. You should be listed (you don’t have to advertise) and I can help you if you wish – or refer your Public Relations advisers to me, by E-mail or phone below. The launch of the 2014 book is next month at a special event.
I hope you appreciate my effort to recognise and help the Holiday Place and again, thank you, we were very pleased with our holiday in Cuba.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT