Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
My husband and I went to Egypt with your company on 4th October 2004 and I am writing to let you know what a wonderful time we had and how impressed we were with the organisation of the holiday and the professionalism of your staff.
We were met at Luxor Airport by Hany who assisted us through visa and passport control and took us to the boat, the Nile Odyssey. Our cases were put into our cabins by cheerful staff and sandwiches, fruit and water had been left for us in the cabin as we arrived quite late.
The following day we were met by our Egyptologist guide for the week, John Gamil Kalipha. All week he proved to be exceptionally knowledgeable, entertaining, organised and approachable and made our stay even more enjoyable. He was a delightful man and I cannot praise him enough and should I return to Egypt, which I would love to do soon, I would hope to encounter him again.
The boat itself was lovely, food plentiful and delicious and the staff were excellent.
At the end of our cruise, we were again met by Hany and taken to the Luxor Sheraton where we enjoyed a luxurious day and a half before being picked up and taken to the airport enjoying a business class flight to Sharm el Sheik.
We were met in Sharm by Rabie, again a lovely person, very welcoming and knowledgeable, who took us to the Sharks Bay Hilton. A beautiful room, fantastic setting and again lovely staff. He met us the next day and organised our excursion and then returned to take us back to the airport at the end of our stay. He organised our breakfast from the hotel and our luggage at the airport getting us the seats we wanted on the plane. Each time we tried to tip him he just asked us to give it to the driver.
I had reservations before I went having booked via the internet with no brochure but I have to say that with regards to our treatment, our accommodation and the professional reps and our guide, it was the best holiday I ever had. The timekeeping was incredible, always there at the allotted tome, there was a great choice of excursions but no hard sell, and I must say again all the Egyptian staff we met were without exception, friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and exceptionally helpful. I would be grateful if you could pass on my remarks to Rabie and particularly John and to their supervisors.
People are often quick to criticise and not so swift to compliment and say thank you. I hope I have redressed the balance a little and I hope that those who work so hard on your behalf get the pat on the back they deserve.
Thank you again for arranging our holiday, it was a joy and a privilege to be there.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Make the most of the centric location, beautiful beach surroundings, luxurious perks and marvellous services of the...
Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of Egypt while partaking of 5-star treatment in one...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT