Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
My husband and I went to Egypt with your company on 4th October 2004 and I am writing to let you know what a wonderful time we had and how impressed we were with the organisation of the holiday and the professionalism of your staff.
We were met at Luxor Airport by Hany who assisted us through visa and passport control and took us to the boat, the Nile Odyssey. Our cases were put into our cabins by cheerful staff and sandwiches, fruit and water had been left for us in the cabin as we arrived quite late.
The following day we were met by our Egyptologist guide for the week, John Gamil Kalipha. All week he proved to be exceptionally knowledgeable, entertaining, organised and approachable and made our stay even more enjoyable. He was a delightful man and I cannot praise him enough and should I return to Egypt, which I would love to do soon, I would hope to encounter him again.
The boat itself was lovely, food plentiful and delicious and the staff were excellent.
At the end of our cruise, we were again met by Hany and taken to the Luxor Sheraton where we enjoyed a luxurious day and a half before being picked up and taken to the airport enjoying a business class flight to Sharm el Sheik.
We were met in Sharm by Rabie, again a lovely person, very welcoming and knowledgeable, who took us to the Sharks Bay Hilton. A beautiful room, fantastic setting and again lovely staff. He met us the next day and organised our excursion and then returned to take us back to the airport at the end of our stay. He organised our breakfast from the hotel and our luggage at the airport getting us the seats we wanted on the plane. Each time we tried to tip him he just asked us to give it to the driver.
I had reservations before I went having booked via the internet with no brochure but I have to say that with regards to our treatment, our accommodation and the professional reps and our guide, it was the best holiday I ever had. The timekeeping was incredible, always there at the allotted tome, there was a great choice of excursions but no hard sell, and I must say again all the Egyptian staff we met were without exception, friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and exceptionally helpful. I would be grateful if you could pass on my remarks to Rabie and particularly John and to their supervisors.
People are often quick to criticise and not so swift to compliment and say thank you. I hope I have redressed the balance a little and I hope that those who work so hard on your behalf get the pat on the back they deserve.
Thank you again for arranging our holiday, it was a joy and a privilege to be there.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Soma Bay Diving Centre offers guests a chance to explore the magnificent coral reefs in the tranquil calm waters of the Red Sea.
- The hotel's dramatic architecture was inspired by the temple at Karnak, combining the splendours of ancient egypt with the comforts of the modern world
- Guests can take advantage of the natural healing powers of the renowned waters and sands of Soma Bay
- The Red sea is renowned for its marine life so guests can take full advantage of the wonderful diving and snorkelling opportunities
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Enjoy a Wonderfully Relaxing Holiday with a wide range of activities
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Superior Swiss Inn Radamis I Nile Cruise + Movenpick Resort and Spa El Gouna + Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor
Discover the mysteries of the legendary River Nile as you take an 8-day cruise on its tranquil waters. This is your...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Get to know some of the most amazing sites in Egypt during a luxurious 15-day stay at the Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers...
Rising above the city, overlooking the mighty River Nile is one of Cairo's classiest hotels. The five-star Ramses Hilton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT