Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
My husband and I went to Egypt with your company on 4th October 2004 and I am writing to let you know what a wonderful time we had and how impressed we were with the organisation of the holiday and the professionalism of your staff.
We were met at Luxor Airport by Hany who assisted us through visa and passport control and took us to the boat, the Nile Odyssey. Our cases were put into our cabins by cheerful staff and sandwiches, fruit and water had been left for us in the cabin as we arrived quite late.
The following day we were met by our Egyptologist guide for the week, John Gamil Kalipha. All week he proved to be exceptionally knowledgeable, entertaining, organised and approachable and made our stay even more enjoyable. He was a delightful man and I cannot praise him enough and should I return to Egypt, which I would love to do soon, I would hope to encounter him again.
The boat itself was lovely, food plentiful and delicious and the staff were excellent.
At the end of our cruise, we were again met by Hany and taken to the Luxor Sheraton where we enjoyed a luxurious day and a half before being picked up and taken to the airport enjoying a business class flight to Sharm el Sheik.
We were met in Sharm by Rabie, again a lovely person, very welcoming and knowledgeable, who took us to the Sharks Bay Hilton. A beautiful room, fantastic setting and again lovely staff. He met us the next day and organised our excursion and then returned to take us back to the airport at the end of our stay. He organised our breakfast from the hotel and our luggage at the airport getting us the seats we wanted on the plane. Each time we tried to tip him he just asked us to give it to the driver.
I had reservations before I went having booked via the internet with no brochure but I have to say that with regards to our treatment, our accommodation and the professional reps and our guide, it was the best holiday I ever had. The timekeeping was incredible, always there at the allotted tome, there was a great choice of excursions but no hard sell, and I must say again all the Egyptian staff we met were without exception, friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and exceptionally helpful. I would be grateful if you could pass on my remarks to Rabie and particularly John and to their supervisors.
People are often quick to criticise and not so swift to compliment and say thank you. I hope I have redressed the balance a little and I hope that those who work so hard on your behalf get the pat on the back they deserve.
Thank you again for arranging our holiday, it was a joy and a privilege to be there.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Great resort for the Family with endless fun at the Movenpick Kids Club during the day and night
- 18-holes golf course is just 1km away
- Discover El Gouna town with a daily shuttle bus - optional Â£20 per person
- Enjoy a sumptuous choice of dining at the Movenpick buffet restaurant
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT