Des and Lou Daniels
Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Mexico and Cancun
Holiday at Moon Palace (mexico & Cancun)
Having just returned from our holiday at the Moon Palace thought you might appreciate a little feedback.
After encountering a couple of minor hiccups (After all the emails etc regarding our golf package it turned out that they didn’t have us booked for the golf package but did have our travelling companions, Peter and Denise Evans, booked for it. Weird! The communication between different departments at the Moon Palace doesn’t appear to be the best! We had also requested rooms near to each other as it is such a large resort but they initially gave us a family room with dividing door between but Peter and Denise were not all that impressed as we had Tequilla, Barcadi and a couple of other bottles of spirit in our room plus a fridge full of cold beer and soft drinks and in their room they had toys and sweets! To be fair the lady who booked us in twigged we weren’t all one family and said to us we may well want to change rooms the next day and it wouldn’t be a problem. They did change our rooms the next day and we ended up in rooms a couple of doors away from each other which were much better) we had a fabulous holiday.
The service and food at the Moon Palace is second to none and we found all the staff extremely helpful and couldn’t do enough for you (e.g. breakfast is a self service buffet and once you have filled your plate they even try to take it off you and carry it to your table for you!). I’m rather partial to a nice brandy as a night cap before retiring and had a Remy Martin every evening and one evening they said they had run out of Remy and would I mind a Courvoisier instead (both top class brandies) to which I replied that would be fine. The barman poured me a rather large Courvoisier and five minutes later returned with a rather large smile on his face and a new bottle of Remy in his hands and proceeded to take my Courvoisier away and replace it with Remy. Touches like that place the Moon Palace way above most all inclusive resorts.
The Moon Palace is a paradise for golfers. The course has 27 holes and is a Jack Nicklaus Signature course and once you have played them you realise why. A few of our friends have already visited the Moon Palace on our recommendation and many more are showing a keen interest. In fact we enjoyed our holiday so much I am seriously considering taking a group of golfing couples next year if similar deals are still available. I anticipate this would be between 12 and 16 people and will be in touch approximately early October to see what deals you may be able to get us for approximately the same time next year. We would probably want to go for 2 weeks next time instead of 10 days.
Once again we have found The Holiday Place superb value for money and will be back soon.
Des and Lou Daniels
Mexico and Cancun Holidays Browse all
Whether you desire tranquil relaxation or round-the-clock excitement, there is plenty on offer to suit all tastes.
- Vibrant nightlife with a nightclub, theatre and various events showcasing in-house performers, complementing the many bars
- Exceptional culinary range offering something for every occasion
- All inclusive programme include unlimited food and beverages, plus access to beautiful gardens and private beaches
The resort in the heart of Cancun offers the best of both worlds with a variety of sports on offer and a large lagoon-like swimming pool providing the perfect place to relax at oasis cancun
- Oasis Cancun combines superb facilities and relaxing surroundings to create an ideal holiday atmosphere
- Located beside a beautiful stretch of white sand beach in the heart of the Cancun Hotel Zone surrounded by expansive lawns and tropical gardens
- The Resort offers a vast range of sports with unlimited golf, tennis, volleyball and a variety of water sports at the marina
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Take advantage of this amazing free kids offer - Up to two kids stay free when sharing with two paying adults
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Eight days in the exotic and exciting Caribbean await you at the Excellence Playa Mujeres, just twenty-five minutes...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT