Des and Lou Daniels
Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Mexico and Cancun
Holiday at Moon Palace (mexico & Cancun)
Having just returned from our holiday at the Moon Palace thought you might appreciate a little feedback.
After encountering a couple of minor hiccups (After all the emails etc regarding our golf package it turned out that they didn’t have us booked for the golf package but did have our travelling companions, Peter and Denise Evans, booked for it. Weird! The communication between different departments at the Moon Palace doesn’t appear to be the best! We had also requested rooms near to each other as it is such a large resort but they initially gave us a family room with dividing door between but Peter and Denise were not all that impressed as we had Tequilla, Barcadi and a couple of other bottles of spirit in our room plus a fridge full of cold beer and soft drinks and in their room they had toys and sweets! To be fair the lady who booked us in twigged we weren’t all one family and said to us we may well want to change rooms the next day and it wouldn’t be a problem. They did change our rooms the next day and we ended up in rooms a couple of doors away from each other which were much better) we had a fabulous holiday.
The service and food at the Moon Palace is second to none and we found all the staff extremely helpful and couldn’t do enough for you (e.g. breakfast is a self service buffet and once you have filled your plate they even try to take it off you and carry it to your table for you!). I’m rather partial to a nice brandy as a night cap before retiring and had a Remy Martin every evening and one evening they said they had run out of Remy and would I mind a Courvoisier instead (both top class brandies) to which I replied that would be fine. The barman poured me a rather large Courvoisier and five minutes later returned with a rather large smile on his face and a new bottle of Remy in his hands and proceeded to take my Courvoisier away and replace it with Remy. Touches like that place the Moon Palace way above most all inclusive resorts.
The Moon Palace is a paradise for golfers. The course has 27 holes and is a Jack Nicklaus Signature course and once you have played them you realise why. A few of our friends have already visited the Moon Palace on our recommendation and many more are showing a keen interest. In fact we enjoyed our holiday so much I am seriously considering taking a group of golfing couples next year if similar deals are still available. I anticipate this would be between 12 and 16 people and will be in touch approximately early October to see what deals you may be able to get us for approximately the same time next year. We would probably want to go for 2 weeks next time instead of 10 days.
Once again we have found The Holiday Place superb value for money and will be back soon.
Des and Lou Daniels
Mexico and Cancun Holidays Browse all
Stay right beside a protected stretch of beach right in the heart of Playa del Carmen
- There is something to suit everyone's tastes with plenty of restaurants and bars including Maria's offering authentic Mexican fare
- Enjoy endless activities and facilities at the resort including freshwater pools, a rooftop pool and hot tub along with much more
- Gran Porto offers something for everyone with activites suited to adults, kids and teens with Oki Fun World for kids and T-Zone for teens
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT