Des and Lou Daniels
Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Mexico and Cancun
Holiday at Moon Palace (mexico & Cancun)
Having just returned from our holiday at the Moon Palace thought you might appreciate a little feedback.
After encountering a couple of minor hiccups (After all the emails etc regarding our golf package it turned out that they didn’t have us booked for the golf package but did have our travelling companions, Peter and Denise Evans, booked for it. Weird! The communication between different departments at the Moon Palace doesn’t appear to be the best! We had also requested rooms near to each other as it is such a large resort but they initially gave us a family room with dividing door between but Peter and Denise were not all that impressed as we had Tequilla, Barcadi and a couple of other bottles of spirit in our room plus a fridge full of cold beer and soft drinks and in their room they had toys and sweets! To be fair the lady who booked us in twigged we weren’t all one family and said to us we may well want to change rooms the next day and it wouldn’t be a problem. They did change our rooms the next day and we ended up in rooms a couple of doors away from each other which were much better) we had a fabulous holiday.
The service and food at the Moon Palace is second to none and we found all the staff extremely helpful and couldn’t do enough for you (e.g. breakfast is a self service buffet and once you have filled your plate they even try to take it off you and carry it to your table for you!). I’m rather partial to a nice brandy as a night cap before retiring and had a Remy Martin every evening and one evening they said they had run out of Remy and would I mind a Courvoisier instead (both top class brandies) to which I replied that would be fine. The barman poured me a rather large Courvoisier and five minutes later returned with a rather large smile on his face and a new bottle of Remy in his hands and proceeded to take my Courvoisier away and replace it with Remy. Touches like that place the Moon Palace way above most all inclusive resorts.
The Moon Palace is a paradise for golfers. The course has 27 holes and is a Jack Nicklaus Signature course and once you have played them you realise why. A few of our friends have already visited the Moon Palace on our recommendation and many more are showing a keen interest. In fact we enjoyed our holiday so much I am seriously considering taking a group of golfing couples next year if similar deals are still available. I anticipate this would be between 12 and 16 people and will be in touch approximately early October to see what deals you may be able to get us for approximately the same time next year. We would probably want to go for 2 weeks next time instead of 10 days.
Once again we have found The Holiday Place superb value for money and will be back soon.
Des and Lou Daniels
Mexico and Cancun Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Intimate wine cellar offering international premium brand wine selections
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT