Paul & Jill Rowland
Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Egypt Holiday - Nile Cruise, Luxor, El Gouna and Cairo
Just wanted to take the time to contact you and say how much we enjoyed our recent holiday with you.
We booked the 7 day MS Sherry Nile cruise, followed by 6 nights at the Sofitel in Luxor, 3 nights in Movenpick El Gouna and finally 4 nights at Le Spinx Mercure in Cairo. The whole holiday was fantastic, superbly organised with excellent excursions and guides.
Starting with the MS Sherry - the cabin was great although we did expect a balcony, staff were most helpful and friendly and the food was delicious. The guide, Yaser, was excellent and looked after us extremely well - the excursions went very smoothly and were reasonably priced. The hot air balloon with Hod Hod Soliman was especially fantastic. We were surprised at where the ship was berthed - a rather run down area well away from the centre of Luxor and quite isolated, a berth near Luxor town as previous clients had reported would have been preferable.
The Sofitel in Karnak was again very friendly and well organised, very clean, good facilities, good food, spotless and very safe pool in an idyllic location over looking the Nile - fantastic sunsets. The rep Ibrahim was very helpful regarding a problem we had with the shuttle bus. The transfer to Hurghada by minibus was again well organised and very comfortable, and both the driver and rep were excellent.
Movenpick El Gouna was perhaps the only disappointment as our room was a considerable distance from the main facilities and restaurants and when the rain and winds came it was a big disadvantage as we got cold and wet. The room itself was very nice and backed on to the beach and Red Sea. The transfer and flight to Cairo were very efficient and even driving through central Cairo in the 'hectic' traffic was made enjoyable by Ahmed from Excel.
The Mercure Cairo hotel was also fine with a view of the pyramids as requested. Again our guide Ahmed and driver Milac were superb even accompanying us to the pyramids in rain and hail storms and we felt perfectly safe and secure at all times.
Overall it was one the best holidays we have ever had - and we've had lots! The organisation and attention to detail was perfect and we shall certainly recommend both the trip and your company to friends and family as the Egyptians are a most friendly people and the current situation is obviously affecting tourism - the reps and guides were responsible and caring at all times and would not jeopardise our safety - this was evident when we wished to go to Alexandria and they ensured all was ok before booking it.
We're hoping to organise a future holiday to India through your company as we have been most impressed.
Paul & Jill Rowland
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Ideally located on the eastern bank of the Nile, the hotel offers an oasis of luxury with excellent facilities and beautiful views across the Nile
- This hotel is a haven of relaxation where you can lie back in a sun lounge immersed in one of the hotel's infinity pools or relax in a shaded hammock and take in the views
- There are seven restaurants and bars to chose from including the elegant Sunset Lounge and Terrace which serves cocktails and snacks as well as stunning sunset views
- The Hilton Luxor features contemporary guest rooms, excellent facilities and uninterrupted views across the Nile
A wonderful and exclusive beach retreat; El Gouna bustles with artists, environmentalists and sports enthusiasts who enjoy the perfect location between mountains and sea.
- Boasting an array of facilities including four swimming pools, championship golf course and much more
- Fully wheelchair accessible and environmentally friendly
- Located directly on the Red Sea with 2 Kilometres of private beach
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Superior Swiss Inn Radamis I Nile Cruise + Movenpick Resort and Spa El Gouna + Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor
Discover the mysteries of the legendary River Nile as you take an 8-day cruise on its tranquil waters. This is your...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Get to know some of the most amazing sites in Egypt during a luxurious 15-day stay at the Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers...
Rising above the city, overlooking the mighty River Nile is one of Cairo's classiest hotels. The five-star Ramses Hilton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT