Paul & Jill Rowland
Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Egypt Holiday - Nile Cruise, Luxor, El Gouna and Cairo
Just wanted to take the time to contact you and say how much we enjoyed our recent holiday with you.
We booked the 7 day MS Sherry Nile cruise, followed by 6 nights at the Sofitel in Luxor, 3 nights in Movenpick El Gouna and finally 4 nights at Le Spinx Mercure in Cairo. The whole holiday was fantastic, superbly organised with excellent excursions and guides.
Starting with the MS Sherry - the cabin was great although we did expect a balcony, staff were most helpful and friendly and the food was delicious. The guide, Yaser, was excellent and looked after us extremely well - the excursions went very smoothly and were reasonably priced. The hot air balloon with Hod Hod Soliman was especially fantastic. We were surprised at where the ship was berthed - a rather run down area well away from the centre of Luxor and quite isolated, a berth near Luxor town as previous clients had reported would have been preferable.
The Sofitel in Karnak was again very friendly and well organised, very clean, good facilities, good food, spotless and very safe pool in an idyllic location over looking the Nile - fantastic sunsets. The rep Ibrahim was very helpful regarding a problem we had with the shuttle bus. The transfer to Hurghada by minibus was again well organised and very comfortable, and both the driver and rep were excellent.
Movenpick El Gouna was perhaps the only disappointment as our room was a considerable distance from the main facilities and restaurants and when the rain and winds came it was a big disadvantage as we got cold and wet. The room itself was very nice and backed on to the beach and Red Sea. The transfer and flight to Cairo were very efficient and even driving through central Cairo in the 'hectic' traffic was made enjoyable by Ahmed from Excel.
The Mercure Cairo hotel was also fine with a view of the pyramids as requested. Again our guide Ahmed and driver Milac were superb even accompanying us to the pyramids in rain and hail storms and we felt perfectly safe and secure at all times.
Overall it was one the best holidays we have ever had - and we've had lots! The organisation and attention to detail was perfect and we shall certainly recommend both the trip and your company to friends and family as the Egyptians are a most friendly people and the current situation is obviously affecting tourism - the reps and guides were responsible and caring at all times and would not jeopardise our safety - this was evident when we wished to go to Alexandria and they ensured all was ok before booking it.
We're hoping to organise a future holiday to India through your company as we have been most impressed.
Paul & Jill Rowland
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Great resort for the Family with endless fun at the Movenpick Kids Club during the day and night
- 18-holes golf course is just 1km away
- Discover El Gouna town with a daily shuttle bus - optional Â£20 per person
- Enjoy a sumptuous choice of dining at the Movenpick buffet restaurant
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT