Paul & Jill Rowland
Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Egypt Holiday - Nile Cruise, Luxor, El Gouna and Cairo
Just wanted to take the time to contact you and say how much we enjoyed our recent holiday with you.
We booked the 7 day MS Sherry Nile cruise, followed by 6 nights at the Sofitel in Luxor, 3 nights in Movenpick El Gouna and finally 4 nights at Le Spinx Mercure in Cairo. The whole holiday was fantastic, superbly organised with excellent excursions and guides.
Starting with the MS Sherry - the cabin was great although we did expect a balcony, staff were most helpful and friendly and the food was delicious. The guide, Yaser, was excellent and looked after us extremely well - the excursions went very smoothly and were reasonably priced. The hot air balloon with Hod Hod Soliman was especially fantastic. We were surprised at where the ship was berthed - a rather run down area well away from the centre of Luxor and quite isolated, a berth near Luxor town as previous clients had reported would have been preferable.
The Sofitel in Karnak was again very friendly and well organised, very clean, good facilities, good food, spotless and very safe pool in an idyllic location over looking the Nile - fantastic sunsets. The rep Ibrahim was very helpful regarding a problem we had with the shuttle bus. The transfer to Hurghada by minibus was again well organised and very comfortable, and both the driver and rep were excellent.
Movenpick El Gouna was perhaps the only disappointment as our room was a considerable distance from the main facilities and restaurants and when the rain and winds came it was a big disadvantage as we got cold and wet. The room itself was very nice and backed on to the beach and Red Sea. The transfer and flight to Cairo were very efficient and even driving through central Cairo in the 'hectic' traffic was made enjoyable by Ahmed from Excel.
The Mercure Cairo hotel was also fine with a view of the pyramids as requested. Again our guide Ahmed and driver Milac were superb even accompanying us to the pyramids in rain and hail storms and we felt perfectly safe and secure at all times.
Overall it was one the best holidays we have ever had - and we've had lots! The organisation and attention to detail was perfect and we shall certainly recommend both the trip and your company to friends and family as the Egyptians are a most friendly people and the current situation is obviously affecting tourism - the reps and guides were responsible and caring at all times and would not jeopardise our safety - this was evident when we wished to go to Alexandria and they ensured all was ok before booking it.
We're hoping to organise a future holiday to India through your company as we have been most impressed.
Paul & Jill Rowland
Egypt Holidays Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of Egypt while partaking of 5-star treatment in one...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT