Paul & Jill Rowland
Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Egypt Holiday - Nile Cruise, Luxor, El Gouna and Cairo
Just wanted to take the time to contact you and say how much we enjoyed our recent holiday with you.
We booked the 7 day MS Sherry Nile cruise, followed by 6 nights at the Sofitel in Luxor, 3 nights in Movenpick El Gouna and finally 4 nights at Le Spinx Mercure in Cairo. The whole holiday was fantastic, superbly organised with excellent excursions and guides.
Starting with the MS Sherry - the cabin was great although we did expect a balcony, staff were most helpful and friendly and the food was delicious. The guide, Yaser, was excellent and looked after us extremely well - the excursions went very smoothly and were reasonably priced. The hot air balloon with Hod Hod Soliman was especially fantastic. We were surprised at where the ship was berthed - a rather run down area well away from the centre of Luxor and quite isolated, a berth near Luxor town as previous clients had reported would have been preferable.
The Sofitel in Karnak was again very friendly and well organised, very clean, good facilities, good food, spotless and very safe pool in an idyllic location over looking the Nile - fantastic sunsets. The rep Ibrahim was very helpful regarding a problem we had with the shuttle bus. The transfer to Hurghada by minibus was again well organised and very comfortable, and both the driver and rep were excellent.
Movenpick El Gouna was perhaps the only disappointment as our room was a considerable distance from the main facilities and restaurants and when the rain and winds came it was a big disadvantage as we got cold and wet. The room itself was very nice and backed on to the beach and Red Sea. The transfer and flight to Cairo were very efficient and even driving through central Cairo in the 'hectic' traffic was made enjoyable by Ahmed from Excel.
The Mercure Cairo hotel was also fine with a view of the pyramids as requested. Again our guide Ahmed and driver Milac were superb even accompanying us to the pyramids in rain and hail storms and we felt perfectly safe and secure at all times.
Overall it was one the best holidays we have ever had - and we've had lots! The organisation and attention to detail was perfect and we shall certainly recommend both the trip and your company to friends and family as the Egyptians are a most friendly people and the current situation is obviously affecting tourism - the reps and guides were responsible and caring at all times and would not jeopardise our safety - this was evident when we wished to go to Alexandria and they ensured all was ok before booking it.
We're hoping to organise a future holiday to India through your company as we have been most impressed.
Paul & Jill Rowland
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Cruise on the world's longest river with 7000 years of history while enjoying 21st century comfort on the cruise liner featuring superb amenities.
- Enjoy nightly entertainment at the Lounge with its resident DJ, drinks and dancing.
- The Cruise allows you to discover the stunning sights and attractions of the River Nile in comfort.
- The hotel ship offers a comprehensive program of sightseeing which is accompanied by an expert guide.
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Be thoroughly entertained on a journey of discovery in ultimate comfort on a Nile cruise like no other
- All cabins come equipped with sliding glass doors opening onto private balconies and come equipped with all the modern amenities you would expect
- There is plenty to keep you entertained on the ship including a disco, welcome cocktail party and a range of shows
- Make the most of the beaming sun on the sun deck overlooking the Nile offering refreshing cocktails all day until sunset
This boutique Nile Cruise combines old-world charm and sophistication with the luxury of modern amenities.
- With a limited number of suites and cabins this cruise offers an intimate and exclusive atmosphere of personal service and refined hospitality
- Unwind at the open-air oriental style Jacuzzi or chill in the elegant lounge
- Work on your tan from the spacious, scenic deck as you see 5,000 years of history unfold
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Become one with the ancient Egyptian civilisations as you explore the powerful monuments left behind from those eras in...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Make the most of the centric location, beautiful beach surroundings, luxurious perks and marvellous services of the...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Spend 4 days discovering the ancient wonders of Egypt while you unwind in the luxurious Grand Nile Tower hotel in Cairo....
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT