St Lucia has topped the list of the world’s best honeymoon destinations, and not for the first time. In fact, far from it. The accolade was awarded at the 2018 World Travel Awards, held in the Portuguese capital of Lisbon in December. The Caribbean island, long considered one of the most romantic on the planet, won out against strong competition, with Cartagena in Columbia, Jamaica, Maui, Hawaii, Mauritius, Miami Beach, Maldives and Paris also making the shortlist.
Atelier de Hoteles has put a new spin on the idea of an all-inclusive. The resort chain located on Mexico’s Caribbean coast now offers a highly personalised guest experience. Each of the chain’s properties offers guests the opportunity to create a luxurious retreat that is tailored to their particular wishes.
In an effort to help protect the environment, luxury beach resort brand Sandals International, which offers five-star all-inclusive holidays across the Caribbean, has said it will ban the use of all Styrofoam across its Caribbean hotels by February 2019. The company currently has 19 Sandals and Beaches Resorts on seven Caribbean islands including Antigua, Jamaica, Grenada and Barbados.
The island of Zanzibar hopes to increase the number of foreign tourists to the island, with a goal of 500,000 tourists in 2020. To meet that goal, Dubai-based property developer Al Nakhil Company is planning to invest in the island as part of the island’s tourism initiatives.
The islands of the Maldives have numerous unbelievable retreats dotted around, but the end of 2018 saw caught everyone’s attention when a solar-powered private island resort was named the world’s best new luxury hotel. Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI), the members-only online resource for affluent travellers, named its best new luxury hotel for 2019 as the entirely solar-powered Kudadoo Maldives, a posh private island retreat with 15 beautiful overwater bungalows.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this magnificent resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with spectacular views of the glistening Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive package with a range of entertainment options including a kids club
- Enjoy the secluded location on the beautiful, tranquil shores of Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's landmarks with a wealth of spectacular sights to see
- Private escorted tour upgrade from £99pp
- Indulge in a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Explore the legendary Taj Mahal
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel
- Kids & Teens Stay and Eat Free
- Free Platinum Half Board with drinks. Book by 31 January!
- Complimentary unlimited access to Aquaventure Waterpark & The Lost Chambers Aquarium
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship, or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, fun is guaranteed for everyone!
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
- Unlimited-Fun® all-inclusive resort with a selection of dining options for the family
- On-site waterpark featuring a pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, Jamaica's first and fully underwater national park
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
*Up to $2,500 Resort Credit* *Book by 31st January 2019* Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...