Oman celebrated an increase in tourism numbers in 2016, with more than 2.5 million people visiting the nation between January and October. According to the National Centre for Statistics and Information (NCSI), more than 1,248,300 visitors originated from other Gulf Cooperation Council States, and a total of 144,000 people arrived via cruise ships.
Often overshadowed by its wealthy Emirate neighbours, Oman is emerging as a popular tourist destination. It boasts ancient culture, breath-taking scenery, and a number of international sporting events. Adding to its appeal, the country was recently ranked eighth in the world’s top travel destinationa by Lonely Planet magazine.
A new beach resort from luxury brand Anantara has opened in the southern Oman province of Salalah, known for its subtropical greenery and natural beauty. The Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara is the first resort in the region to offer luxury villas with private pools.
Perched dramatically on the rim of a canyon, Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort is the Middle East’s tallest resort. Located in the mountainous northern region of Oman, the resort is in a locale that was inaccessible for most of its history, and offers guests spectacular mountain views and numerous outdoor activities. In addition to its stunning locale, the resort also boasts decadent rooms and villas for luxury travellers.
A lesser-known corner of the Arab world, Oman is still largely undiscovered by tourists. But the country offers a wealth of charm and natural beauty, from towering mountain ranges to pristine coastlines, all with the scent of frankincense in the air. At the Al Bustan, a Ritz-Carlton property, one guest’s holiday in Oman was salvaged by quick-thinking hotel staff.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Luxuriously designed for retreat and relaxation
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this magnificent resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with spectacular views of the glistening Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive package with a range of entertainment options including a kids club
- Enjoy the secluded location on the beautiful, tranquil shores of Marjan Island
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- 24-hour All-Inclusive service
- Children stay for half price
- Great selection of dining experiences
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Free upgrade to Sea View room in Havana
- Book before 31st May for a FREE Capitolio tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Enjoy a holiday filled with sun and sand at Be Live Collection Punta Cana. To give you a teaser, expect plenty of...
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...