Wanderlust recently compiled a list of the best attractions in Oman, including its ancient historic sites and its natural beauty. Muscat, the capital city, offers a wide range of museums and galleries as well as beautiful architecture. Elsewhere in the country, visitors can explore forts, Bronze Age tombs, and the role of frankincense in Oman’s history.
Oman Air has added a brand new Boeing B737-800 aircraft to its expanding fleet. The new aircraft will be used on both short and medium haul routes, and will have business and economy class options and a total of 162 seats. The new aircraft launched last month during a flight between Seattle and the U.S and Muscat, the capital of Oman, and it is the latest addition to the fleet which includes a new Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
The Alila Jabal Akhdar hotel in Oman is offering nature-lovers a unique Rose Experience this spring to celebrate the rose harvest. As 7,000 Damask roses come into bloom over the landscapes of the Jabal Akhdar mountain range, guests will be invited to take part in rose-inspired experiences, including guided tours of the rose terraces, soothing rose petal baths, and a Spa Alila rose treatment.
The Oman Hotels and Tourism Co. has announced it will build ten new three and four-star hotels in various locations across the Sultanate of Oman within the next five years. The company currently runs the Ruwi Hotel in Muscat, Al Wadi Hotel in Sohar, Sur Plaza Hotel in Sur and the Desert Nights Camp in the Sharqiyah Sands Oman. The measures are being taken to improve profitability over the next few years.
Ritz-Carlton has announced that the Al Bustan Palace in Oman will undergo an extensive refurbishment programme over a series of phases. The work will be carried out by the creative design firm WATG, and will see the renovation of the hotel’s 200 guest rooms and 50 suites, as well as its lobby lounge, the grand ballroom, the all-day restaurant, and meeting and events space.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this magnificent resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with spectacular views of the glistening Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive package with a range of entertainment options including a kids club
- Enjoy the secluded location on the beautiful, tranquil shores of Marjan Island
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Luxuriously designed for retreat and relaxation
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Modern and private accommodation
- Discounted upgrade to private pool rooms
- Free shuttle service to Petitenget Beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Free upgrade to Sea View room in Havana
- Book before 31st May for a FREE Capitolio tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Enjoy a holiday filled with sun and sand at Be Live Collection Punta Cana. To give you a teaser, expect plenty of...
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...