Tourism in Mauritius celebrated another record-breaking year in 2017, according to data from the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority. Last year, the island recorded more than 1.34 million tourists, and hotel occupancy was up by 9.3 per cent increase compared to 2016. The thriving tourism industry has been helped by increased air traffic to the nation, and the refurbishment of hotels.
Preskil Beach Resort in Mauritius recently reopened after a thorough remodel and transformation. The resort has reinvented itself as an "island" retreat with soft furnishings and tropical colours. It also offers guests numerous opportunities for water sports and sailing.
Beachcomber Resorts and Hotels has launched a new app for teenagers to help them connect to other teenage guests during their stay at the group's hotels in Mauritius. The Teens Club Beachcomber app encourages teens to interact and take part in activities at the hotel, as well as chat to each other via the app's social network. The app is currently available at the group's Victoria and Mauricia hotels on the island.
Veranda Resorts has announced that the Tamarin Hotel in Tamarin Bay in Mauritius has closed for refurbishments for six months. The hotel, which was built in 1970, will undergo an extensive renovation programme, and it will reopen in October. The luxury property will be renamed as the Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa, and it will have additional guest rooms.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has revealed that the island nation received an increase in UK travellers in the first quarter of 2018. Between January and March, the country recorded a nine percent increase in tourists from the UK. The growth is said to have been helped by the refurbishment of many of the island’s services and products including hotels and attractions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Free upgrade to Taum Studio Pool View room
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...