A new sister brand will join Lux Resorts and Tamassa in Mauritius in November 2018. The first Salt Resorts property, part of the new Lux Collective, will open on the east coast of the island. The Salt of Palmar resort will have 59 guest rooms and will take over the building which was originally designed by Mauritian architect Maurice Giraud in 2005.
A new boutique hotel brand aimed at connecting travellers with local communities and giving resorts a true sense of place will launch on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius on 1 November 2018. The luxury SALT de Palmar resort will feature 59 beach-front rooms arranged around a Mauritian-style village with organic locally-sourced food, its own farm, spa and wellness pursuits such as yoga.
Tourism in Mauritius celebrated another record-breaking year in 2017, according to data from the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority. Last year, the island recorded more than 1.34 million tourists, and hotel occupancy was up by 9.3 per cent increase compared to 2016. The thriving tourism industry has been helped by increased air traffic to the nation, and the refurbishment of hotels.
Preskil Beach Resort in Mauritius recently reopened after a thorough remodel and transformation. The resort has reinvented itself as an "island" retreat with soft furnishings and tropical colours. It also offers guests numerous opportunities for water sports and sailing.
Beachcomber Resorts and Hotels has launched a new app for teenagers to help them connect to other teenage guests during their stay at the group's hotels in Mauritius. The Teens Club Beachcomber app encourages teens to interact and take part in activities at the hotel, as well as chat to each other via the app's social network. The app is currently available at the group's Victoria and Mauricia hotels on the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Free upgrade to Taum Studio Pool View room
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Have a great time at the dreamy Impressive Resort and Spa Punta Cana
- Why not unwind and relax at the Wellness Centre and Spa offering a variety of massages and treatments
- Start your holiday from the perfect base on the fantastic El Cortecito Beach in Punta Cana
- Various facilities including a vast selection of day and night activities with something to suit all ages
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...