The islands of the Maldives have numerous unbelievable retreats dotted around, but the end of 2018 saw caught everyone’s attention when a solar-powered private island resort was named the world’s best new luxury hotel. Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI), the members-only online resource for affluent travellers, named its best new luxury hotel for 2019 as the entirely solar-powered Kudadoo Maldives, a posh private island retreat with 15 beautiful overwater bungalows.
The Amilla Fushi resort in the Maldives has announced it will host an exclusive performance from pop star Rita Ora this New Year’s Eve. The British performer will sing some of her global hits during the festive celebrations ahead of her world tour. The luxury resort will also host performances from The Fuel Girls and the lead singer of B*witched Edele Lynch Wear.
The luxury Jumeirah Vittaveli recently unveiled new ocean villas at its location in the Maldives. The bungalows are not only elegantly appointed to maximize relaxation and seclusion, they also feature water slides, allowing guests to slide directly from their room into the water.
Soneva has revealed that it will be soon adding a new transport option to its luxury hotels in the Maldives. The luxury hotel group announced that it will unveil a new ten-seater Twin Otter seaplane. The plane will transport Soneva guests from Male International Airport to Soneva Fushi in Baa Atoll and Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll in the Maldives.
Baglioni Hotels has announced it will launch a new resort in the Maldives in March 2019. The hotel group will open Baglioni Resort Maldives on the island of Maagau in the Dhaalu Atoll. The resort will have 96 garden, beach, and overwater villas, as well as three family beach villas and a Presidential Water Villa. Facilities include the Ayurvedic Garden Spa, three restaurants, and a house reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this magnificent resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with spectacular views of the glistening Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive package with a range of entertainment options including a kids club
- Enjoy the secluded location on the beautiful, tranquil shores of Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's landmarks with a wealth of spectacular sights to see
- Private escorted tour upgrade from £99pp
- Indulge in a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Explore the legendary Taj Mahal
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel
- Kids & Teens Stay and Eat Free
- Free Platinum Half Board with drinks. Book by 31 January!
- Complimentary unlimited access to Aquaventure Waterpark & The Lost Chambers Aquarium
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship, or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, fun is guaranteed for everyone!
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
- Unlimited-Fun® all-inclusive resort with a selection of dining options for the family
- On-site waterpark featuring a pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, Jamaica's first and fully underwater national park
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
*Up to $2,500 Resort Credit* *Book by 31st January 2019* Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...