Mhairri Woodall, a writer for the Calgary Herald, recently travelled to Barbados. Staying at the Sea Breeze Beach House, the writer found a destination that’s perfect for family vacations. The all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities for families with children and all of it in a stunning location.
Elegant Hotels Group has revealed it will launch a series of celebrations in November to mark the 70th anniversary of its Colony Club. The group, which has a collection of hotels in Barbados, will celebrate the Colony Club's rich history with a Platinum Jubilee theme, and there will be plenty of food and rum events for guests to take part in throughout the month.
Global superstar Rihanna has been appointed as the new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary for Barbados. The pop singer who originates from Barbados has demonstrated her love and contribution for her island over the years, as well as helping to raise its profile across the world. Rihanna will work with the Barbados government to transform the island nation.
A new adults-only hotel is expected to open very soon on Barbados' southern coast, in a quiet residential area overlooking the waters of Enterprise Bay. The new Abidah Hotel by Accra Barbados will be an intimate boutique property with just 44 modern rooms and suites, a pool, a restaurant, a gym and a panoramic spa on the top floor. It will offer guests free Wi-Fi access, complimentary welcome drinks and according to its official website, is due to open before the end of 2018.
Barbados gets ready to celebrate the ninth edition of the popular Food and Rum Festival, with a few changes in store. This year the festivities will be held from 18th to 21st October, in an attempt to attract more travellers during the lighter tourism period, and the focus of the festival will be mainly on the excellence of local produce, chefs and cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this magnificent resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with spectacular views of the glistening Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive package with a range of entertainment options including a kids club
- Enjoy the secluded location on the beautiful, tranquil shores of Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's landmarks with a wealth of spectacular sights to see
- Private escorted tour upgrade from £99pp
- Indulge in a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Explore the legendary Taj Mahal
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel
- Kids & Teens Stay and Eat Free
- Free Platinum Half Board with drinks. Book by 31 January!
- Complimentary unlimited access to Aquaventure Waterpark & The Lost Chambers Aquarium
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship, or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, fun is guaranteed for everyone!
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
- Unlimited-Fun® all-inclusive resort with a selection of dining options for the family
- On-site waterpark featuring a pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, Jamaica's first and fully underwater national park
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
*Up to $2,500 Resort Credit* *Book by 31st January 2019* Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...