Iberostar Hotels and Resorts has announced it will open a new adults-only resort in Mexico. The Spanish hotel group will build a new all-inclusive resort in the popular region of Cancun, and it will be located on the beachfront. The Iberostar Cancun Star Prestige will have 156 ocean-view suites, as well as a private beach club, and guests will have access to facilities at adjacent Iberostar hotels.
Cancun is to get a new underwater museum, according to Ivan Ferrat Mancera, the President of the Nautical Associates of Cancun. The region is already home to the Museo Subacuatico de Arte (MUSA), which opened in 2010. El Meco Underwater Museum will have three different areas, including a Mayan city with replicas of local ruins, 90 sculptures of angels, and submarine snake.
Cancun International Airport is planning to expand its facilities to keep up with the increasing surge of visitors. The airport's operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (Asur) revealed it will open a new Terminal Five at the facility, with construction expected to start later this year or early 2019. The facility is the second-busiest airport in Mexico.
The Seadust Cancun Family Resort in Mexico has added a new unique lifeguard to keep its guests safe. The lifeguard drone will assist the lifeguards at the resort, and will support safety equipment and provide emergency flotation devices. The NORAS Performance-designed U SAFE drone can be controlled from three miles away and will reach speed of up to 18 miles per hour.
The Hotel Xcaret in Mexico is planning to make history by becoming the first hotel in the Americas to gain the Certification of Planning and Design from EarthCheck. The 900-room resort will be assessed on its performance in areas including greenhouse gas emissions, energy efficiency, conservation, land use planning, and social and cultural management.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Luxuriously designed for retreat and relaxation
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Modern and private accommodation
- Discounted upgrade to private pool rooms
- Free shuttle service to Petitenget Beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Book by 30-Apr for FREE one-way Havana vintage car transfer
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Spend wonderful days exploring India's landmarks with a wealth of spectacular sights to see
- Private escorted tour upgrade from £99pp
- Indulge in a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Explore the legendary Taj Mahal
Enjoy a holiday filled with sun and sand at Be Live Collection Punta Cana. To give you a teaser, expect plenty of...
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...