Costa Rica proudly Celebrates its National Parks Day
Last 24th August Costa Rica celebrated their National Park's day with a range of ongoing festive activities that took place from Saturday 22nd with a week long celebration to mark this important event on the eco-friendly country
Costa Rica’s famous festivities marking their National Parks’ Day took place on 24th August as the whole country celebrated their privileged status as the world’s greenest place on earth.
To mark these important celebrations, last Saturday 22nd a range of educational activities took placed in the carara National Park, with the participation of each member of the Scarlet Macaw Conservation Project, which counts with Carara National Park, LAPPA Association, Los Sueños Marriot Ocean & Golf Resort, Elementary School of Herradura & CRT Team as its members.
Also joining the team of eco-enthusiasts were the authorities of Costa Rica’s Environment, Energy and Telecommunications Ministry (MINAET) as well as representatives of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica). This latter and important agency shared with Herradura school children their culture, traditions and knowledge in specialised areas of the protection of the environment.
Costa Ricans are proud to offer the world with the best eco-friendly Costa Rica holidays anyone could imagine! From dormant volcanoes, to turtles and bird-watching, from jungle rides and butterfly farms to ecologically protected beaches, Costa Rica continues to be the number one holiday destination for the greenest of holiday experiences!
With their National Parks Celebration Day Costa Rica further promoted the protection and conservation of natural resources, allowing children to expand their knowledge on other cultures and highlight the importance of caring for nature. This learning course proved to be as much fun as it was enriching and educative for the future generations to come, so that the Costa Rican children of today can keep working for a greener tomorrow , where Costa Rica remains as the natural haven it is now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- Activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...