U.S Travellers Keen to Take Cuba Holidays
Whilst the US Congress still debates legislation over allowing US citizens to travel to Cuba, travel experts estimate that Cuba cold see up to one million extra American visitors travelling to the country each year if the travel ban was to be lifted.
Whilst legislation is pending in Congress regarding the ban being lifted on US citizens wanting to travel to Cuba either on business or on Cuba holidays, travel experts have estimated that Cuba could see up to one million extra visitors travelling to the country each year.
More and more tourists from all over the world are taking holidays in Cuba every year but US citizens are unable to travel to the country directly from the USA; instead they have to travel via another country – usually Canada or Mexico City.
Cuba has a lot to offer American tourists, with a diverse mixture of history, culture, idyllic beaches and resorts, fine cuisine, and a vital advantage to an American – the country's close proximity to the USA.
Cuba's tourism economy would benefit dramatically if the ban were to be lifted as there are endless opportunities for the traveller whether they are families taking holidays to Cuba, honeymooners looking for a romantic getaway, or solo backpackers look for a range of activities and adventure.
Cuba is rich in culture and history and offers a travelling experience which is hard to find anywhere else in the world. The activities are endless, from diving and snorkelling, to excursions to historical sites.
However, if the ban is successfully lifted, Cuba will have their work cut out to prepare themselves for the influx of visitors on Cuba holidays, and strategies will have to be put in place to improve public transport, and restaurants and hotels to accommodate the large amount of visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...