Dubai hotels are still hot
Even when the ultra-luxurious Dubai hotels have also experienced a downturn against the global recession crisis, Dubai holidays remain hot as a holiday destination with growing demand from worldwide tourists.
You might have only imagined that hotels in Dubai are for those wanting to holiday in the world's most modern destination. However, these 5 star properties can also provide the shrewd investor with a sound and steady return on his capital.
Many Dubai hotels have been attracting international investors for years. The Jumeirah Palm Resort proved an enormous success, when the construction began on the Palm Jumeirah island (in June 2001) and developers announced handover of the first residential units (in 2006). Since then other fabulous developments have been popular with holidaymakers and investors alike.
However, in common with other hotels around the world, Dubai hotels have also suffered in the global downturn. Until recently an investment in a Dubai hotel could net a return of up to 35% p.a. However, such rates have suffered a pounding recently due to fewer Dubai holidays being sold.
At present there are few investors releasing their property in Dubai, not wishing to take a loss common in all markets recently. A lack of credit, with banks unwilling to lend to all investors, has meant that many who wish to invest in Dubai hotels have been left frustrated.
What is the future for those wishing to invest in Dubai hotels? In the short term, many hotels have had to reduce their prices in order to maintain market share and keep room occupancy rates high. This had seen a 5% increase in the number of guests enjoying a Dubai holiday.
In the longer term, hotels in Dubai are in a good position to weather adverse market conditions due to the underlying soundness of their assets. Dubai hotels have created new standards of luxury and comfort which are becoming the new benchmark that the discerning traveller requires.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel
- Kids & Teens Stay and Eat Free
- Complimentary unlimited access to Aquaventure Waterpark & The Lost Chambers Aquarium
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- 500m from Nang Thong Beach in Khao Lak
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining and three swimming pools
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect twin centre combination of Mauritius & Dubai
- With amazing facilities and stunning views Dubai, what better base to explore this amazing city
- Stunning and peaceful resort on the east coast of Mauritius, boasting bright, fresh and contemporary designs
- Enjoy all watersports including windsurfing, canoes, pedal boats and much more at Solana in Mauritius
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is an exclusive and...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...