Emirates to serve second UK gateway in a 1-day-only celebration!
Emirates will be serving the UK's second gateway in a 1-day-only flight on 9 September. This one-off flight will be departing from Birmingham to commemorate the 70th anniversary celebrations of Birmingham International Airport.
For Birmingham International Airport's 70th anniversary celebrations the prestigious Emirates airline will launch a festive one-day-only flight departing from Birmingham on the 9th September. In what is likely to be one of the airline's briefest commercial deployments, an A380 will be serving Birmingham for just one day as part of the airport's anniversary festivities. The much talked about double-decker will be used on one of Emirates' two daily services to Birmingham, giving passengers the first chance to fly directly to or from Birmingham on the A380 whilst en route to a fabulous Dubai holiday.
Tim Clark, President of the Emirates Airline, said: "Emirates and Birmingham International Airport have enjoyed a successful partnership since we started services in 2000, and it's fitting that we should mark this significant milestone in the airport's history by flying in our most talked about aircraft.
"We hope that many travellers from around the region will take advantage of this opportunity to fly on the superjumbo for the first time. With the range of amenities we have on board, including the world's first Onboard Shower Spas in First Class, we are sure they won't be disappointed."
Joe Kelly, Birmingham International Airport's Deputy Chief Executive Officer, also said: "Our 70th anniversary is a fantastic milestone for the airport and we are delighted that Emirates is helping us celebrate our birthday with the A380. Additionally, this is the first commercial flight of an A380 outside of London Heathrow in the UK."
Mr Kelly added: "As well as our 70th anniversary, September 9th is also the date that our new 45 million pound International Pier opens. The Pier replaces the existing Pier, constructed in 1984, with state of the art facilities and it is therefore very fitting that the first aircraft will be the Emirates' A380."
Passengers on their way to a fantastic Dubai holiday will have two chances to fly on the superjumbo between Dubai and Birmingham. Flight EK039 will depart Dubai at 0805hrs and arrive in Birmingham at 1235hrs. Alternatively, travellers can take EK040, which leaves Birmingham at 1505hrs and lands in Dubai at 0105hrs the next day.
Spread over two levels, the whole of the A380 upper deck is dedicated to Premium passengers. Towards the front, First Class passengers can relax in one of 14 flat-bed, massage-equipped Private Suites. These incorporate remote-controlled doors, a work desk, an electrically controlled mini-bar and the most advanced in-flight entertainment system available to travellers.
For an incredible preview to what a luxurious Dubai holiday will feel like; First and Business Class passengers can also take advantage of the Onboard Lounge, located at the rear of the upper deck. The lounge is designed to make passengers feel like they are in their own executive club, and offers seating with a wide range of beverages and canapes. A First Class Social Area with drinks facilities is located at the front of the upper deck.
Passengers in Economy Class will notice the straight, rather than conventionally concave walls, throughout the cabin, giving the impression of increased spaciousness, enhanced by the more generous seats and wider aisles.
September 9th is not only a significant day for Birmingham International Airport in the world of transport developments. Dubai Metro, a full automated, driverless railway system running throughout Dubai, is due to open the same day.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...