Green Costa Rica Hotels celebrate Award by offering Deals
Two exceptional eco-resorts in Costa Rica's Manzano beach have now been awarded the prestigious Ecological Blue Flag for 2009. Such an award is given to the world's best protected beaches, which are kept clean and unpolluted
Two eco-resorts located at Costa Rica's Manzanillo Beach have been awarded the Ecological Blue Flag for 2009. These two exceptional Costa Rica hotels have been taking extremely good care of the beach they share by keeping its shores clean, unpolluted and protected to ensure that it remains that way in the future.
Blue Flags are not that common or that easily awarded and those beaches selected as part of the scheme must comply with a strict set of rules and guidelines which range from the quality of the bathing water, to the state of cleanliness, waste disposal and ongoing environmental activities offered (minimum four). Currently there are over 3300 blue Flag beaches in the world, most of which are in Europe where the scheme originated back in 1987 during the "European Year of the Environment". In the Caribbean there are only 2 islands with blue flags; the Bahamas with 2 blue marinas and Puerto Rico with 5 impeccable blue beaches. With Costa Rica being the third flagged country in the tropics, travellers heading here can rest assured that they will be at one of the world's purest beach holiday destinations.
The Allegro Papagayo Resort and the Occidental Grand Papagayo Resort who now stand as proud winners of this important environmental recognition are the only Costa Rica hotels with their own stretch of blue flagged beach, and as environmentally-friendly pioneers they want to celebrate their eco achievement with guests by introducing a set of new summer deals. At the Allegro Papagayo they've reduced their nightly rates starting from $68 whilst also running a Kids Special where children under the age of 12 can stay for free until 18th December. A great way to get the little ones involved in fun environmental beach activities during your Costa Rica holiday at these pure shores!
At the nearby Occidental Grand Allegro Papagayo they've also reduced their nightly rates which now start from $122. In addition to this they also feature a Special Free Night Promotion that consists of a fourth night free if guests book three nights in Royal Club accommodation.
With the new hot offers at these award-winning Costa Rica hotels and their impeccable new landmark beach there's no better excuse to indulge in an eco-friendly Costa Rica holiday and enjoy its pure waters at what has now been officially declared one of the best beaches in the world!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- See the natural wonders of Costa Rica
- Sky Walk Arenal’s Hanging Bridges
- Includes Sarapiqui River Rafting class
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...