Cuba Travel in best shape ever as Tourism blooms and grows by 2.1%
According to Cuba's Ministry of Tourism, Cuba travel is booming. With a 2.1% growth on the number of arrivals from January to May 2009, reaching more than 1.21 million of visitors; the popularity of Cuba travel is seeing an unprecedented figure increase
According to Prensa Latina Cuban Tourism has seen a boost over this year's early months in the number of arrivals to the island from January to May 2009. According to an official report from MINTUR (Cuban Ministry of Tourism) published on Friday, Cuban tourism grew 2.1% with the number of arrivals in the period form January to May reaching more than 1.21 million of visitors.
As more holidaymakers are seduced by the unique Cuban appeal, the option of a Cuba holiday has never looked more appealing to British travellers. Amidst the general travel stagnation as a result of the global recession, this Caribbean island has managed to keep attracting and charming visitors from all over the world.
Cuba travel has never looked in better shape and this is partly due to the country's organic appeal by being the home of Salsa, Rumba and Cigars as well as the historical value of its Revolution.
People are rushing to see the last years under the reign of the Castro brothers and take in much of the romantic Che Guevara allure before one day it all changes and Americans flock the island ruining the olden-age / stuck-in-time mystification of the country.
But ultimately Cuba's success as a travel destination is not all down to its cultural and historical value but also thanks to the development of new facilities being built and improved around the island.
New Cuba hotels have been added to their product portfolio, also expanding and broadening the Cuba holidays options by opening up new destinations in the island, such as Cienfuegos and Vinales. The opening of new Varadero hotels has seen an improvement in the standards of accommodation and has responded more adequately to the increase in demand for more upscale resorts with the opening.
On the other hand Spanish hotel chain Barcelo plans the opening of 6 new Cuba hotels between now and 2010 in the island's keys of Cayo Santa Maria and Santa Lucia.
During last month's International Fair "FITCUBA 2008" which took place in Havana, the authorities declared that 2008 had been the best year in Cuba for tourism performance and now they are awaiting better results this year.
The popularity of Cuba travel saw a total of 164,679 tourists arriving in May, representing 3.7%, 12.1% and 6.2% respectively more when compared to equal periods in 2008, 2007, 2006.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...