Baglioni Resort Maldives to open in March 2019
Baglioni Hotels has announced it will launch a new resort in the Maldives in March 2019. The hotel group will open Baglioni Resort Maldives on the island of Maagau in the Dhaalu Atoll. The resort will have 96 garden, beach, and overwater villas, as well as three family beach villas and a Presidential Water Villa. Facilities include the Ayurvedic Garden Spa, three restaurants, and a house reef.
Baglioni Hotels has revealed it will make its debut in the Maldives next year. The Italian hotel group will open the Baglioni Resort Maldives in March 2019.
Located on the island of Maagau in the Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives, the luxury resort will have 94 beach, garden and overwater villas. There will also be three family beach villas, and an upscale Presidential Water Villa, spanning 1,230 square metres. Villas will boast floor-to-ceiling windows, private decking areas, and outdoor bathrooms with standalone bath tubs. The airy accommodation will feature crisp, clean décor, contemporary wooden furnishings, and modern amenities.
The island is surrounded by a pristine house reef and unspoilt white sand beaches. Guests of all ages can enjoy access to a variety of facilities. These include the Ayurvedic Garden Spa with a range of rejuvenating and soothing therapies, as well as a yoga pavilion where guests can enjoy private or group sessions with beach views. There’s a modern beach gym, and holidaymakers can play beach volleyball, or take part in water activities such as pedalo rides, kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling, topcat sailing, scuba diving and boat excursions. Little guests will find entertainment at the kid’s club for three to12 years olds, including theme days, pizza cooking and ice-cream courses, and indoor and outdoor play areas.
The luxury island retreat will offer four dining venues, that will serve a range of international options. These include Japanese and traditional Italian cuisine, and there will be overwater dining outlets, and venues with indoor and outdoor seating so guests can enjoy sea views with their meals.
Guests can reach Baglioni Resort Maldives via a 40-minute seaplane ride away from Male, the capital of the Maldives. In Male, holidaymakers can wander around the bustling markets and souvenir shops along Orchid Magu, or shop at boutiques and beauty shops in Majeedhee Magu. Popular attractions include Mulee-Aage Palace, the National Museum in Sultan Park, and the Huskuru Miskiiy, a 17th-century mosque that was constructed out of coral stone.
Baglioni Hotels is an Italian hotel group that was established in 1974 by Robert Polito. The company has a collection of nine luxury hotels, including five in Italy, two in France, one in London, and its newest property in the Maldives.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- All meals, snacks and beverages included
- Rooms overlooking the ocean
- Relax on the secluded beach
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
The Sun Island is located on the Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives, which is one of the most sublime coastal...