Jordan hosts Social Media Summit to attract more visitors
The third edition of Jordan's Social Media Summit & Workshop is taking place at the Century Park Hotel in Amman this 15th August. Organised with the intent of raising awareness of Jordan as a tourist destination through social media platforms, the theme this year is "Social Media and its Pivotal Impact on the Tourism Sector" and its main aim is exploring how social media plays an important role in attracting visitors.
The rise in popularity of Jordan as a top tourist destination among worldwide travellers can be in part credited to the boom of new technologies, especially one of the most widespread today - social media. This is why Jordan is going the extra mile this year with the third edition of the Social Media Summit & Workshop, whose theme this time will put the limelight firmly on Jordan’s booming tourism sector.
Under the title “Social Media and its Pivotal Impact on the Tourism Sector”, this year’s summit is being organised by leading Dubai-based events management company, Hits Marketing, in collaboration with the Jordan Tourism Board (JTB) and the Jordan Hotel Association. Local media partners and sponsors will also be part of the event.
The summit’s executive director, Ehab Heissat explained how social media platforms play a vital role in attracting regional, local and international tourists to Jordan, with this year’s edition including eye-opening seminars and lecture sessions hosted by Jordanian, Arab and international speakers.
To further promote tourism in Jordan and support the marketing of tourist attractions, the summit will also feature a workshop on the optimal use of social media channels to effectively catch the attention of potential visitors. Furthermore, these workshops will be held by a group of e-marketing specialists, social marketing experts and content creators. Over 200 workers in Jordan’s tourism and hospitality industry are expected to attend the workshop, which will be the first of its kind in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
Keynote speakers will include JTB general Manager, Dr Abed Al Razzaq Arabiyat alongside a long list of international experts from leading global companies in the fields of digital media, consulting and social media networking.
Other main speakers include Moments Lead at Twitter, Heba Abdulwahab, TV presenter and social media activist, Sarah Begum, CEO of Lobster (a leading licensing company for user-generated company) Olga Egorsheva, Founder of Frahm & Partners Communication, Andrea Frham and the social media expert behind the A to Za’atar blog, Courtney Brandt.
Jordan’s Social Media Summit is the largest, pioneering social media conference in the Middle East. Further along in the year, more conferences covering social media usage for tourism, among other topics are planned to take place in Muscat, Oman, Dubai Sharjah and Riyadh.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jordan Browse all
Discover the charm and wonder of Aqaba with this amazing special offer
- Enjoy the unique beauty and colors of the Red Sea through excursions to nearby scuba diving and snorkelling locations
- Unwind at the adult lap pool or stay fit in the gym.
- Enjoy kiddie pool or the resort's "DANA" Children activities centre to ensure a high spirited stay for all
A great array of facilities awaits you, such as the eight restaurants and the colourful coral reefs.
- Located on the Red Sea, the hotel houses the Zara Spa, specialising in a wide variety of treatments and therapies
- Take advantage of the large swimming pool and unwind right beside it at the Sejan Poolside Restaurant
- Visit Aqaba Castle and Aqaba Archaeological Museum for a historical perspective of Jordan, or take a trip to the Dream Mall
Travel back in time and visit a number of antique remains and ruins dating back to the Iron Age
- Visit Petra, Jordan's most famous tourist attraction, a true treasure of the ancient world
- Learn more about the way of local life by spending a night at a Bedouin camp in the beautiful desert of Wadi Rum
- Explore ancient monuments such as a well-preserved site of Roman architecture in Jerash, and the burial place of the Prophet Moses at Mt Nebo
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a full day visit of the "Rose Red City" of Petra - a treasure of the ancient world
- Drive along the spectacular 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Spend a day by the Dead Sea, at over 400m below sea level the Dead Sea is a wonderful must-see sight
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
Discover the hidden treasures of Jordan on this fascinating tour. Start your journey in Aqaba, then continue to Pella...
Discover the beauty and culture of Jordan with this unforgettable 7-night tour. Set on the East Bank of the River Jordan...
Aqaba is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba and Jordan's only coastal city. The warm water and rich marine life are...
Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city, and is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba. The warm water and rich marine life...
This unforgettable 3 night tour is the perfect way to discover the essential sites of the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on...