Faarufushi Maldives private island resort to debut this December
A new luxury resort is set to open on a private island of the Maldives' Raa Atoll this December 2018. The Faarufushi resort will have bungalows right on a white sand beach as well as villas with plunge pools positioned over the island's blue lagoon and will feature a crescent-shaped overwater restaurant and bar.
A new private island resort will open in a remote part of the Maldives’ Raa Atoll in December this year. The Faarufushi resort will be arranged around a small coral island fringed by beaches and coral reefs and will feature 80 spacious villas merging into the island’s tropical scenery, as well as restaurants, bars, a spa and organised island activities and tours.
Opening to guests from 15 December 2018, the new luxury resort will have 10 beach bungalows, 27 beach retreats, and 39 over-water suites with private pools positioned over the island’s blue lagoon. There will also be three ocean suites with private pools, as well as a unique island residence featuring an infinity pool overlooking an exclusive stretch of Indian Ocean.
According to resort owners, Faarufushi Management, there will be a range of dining choices offered in modern and relaxed surrounds, with panoramic views of the beautiful island and an emphasis on the highest quality ingredients.
Three restaurants and two bars will include Iru for all-day dining, located next to "Sangu Bar" overlooking the infinity pool of the resort. A crescent-shaped overwater signature restaurant, "Eclipse", will offer gourmet food, while at the reef’s edge bar "Boli" has alfresco seating, sunset views, fine wines, hand-crafted cocktails and live music.
The resort’s casual beachside bar "Athiri" will act as a resort hub offering drinks, food such as tapas and teppanyaki, and will also being together island facilities such as watersports gear and a fitness centre.
A key feature of the resort will be its landscaped tropical Nika Spa, blending into the natural island vegetation and boasting six treatment rooms and a garden compound with a hydro pool surrounded by outdoor lounges and relaxation pavilions.
The island itself is encircled by an underwater coral reef with magnificent overhangs and swim-throughs, allowing guests to glimpse the marine life the Maldives in famous for either by snorkelling or scuba diving. The resort also organises excursions around the Raa Atoll such as discovering dolphins, visiting other islands, and sailing.
The resort is just a 50-minute journey by seaplane from the Maldives’ main gateway Velana International Airport (MLE) in Male, or a short flight via Ifuru Domestic Airport (IFU). Faarufushi Management said the preservation of the natural vegetation and beauty of the island has been meticulous throughout the design and construction of the resort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity
- Try snorkelling, scuba diving and more
- Stay in luxurious bungalows
- Excellent choice of for both dining and drinking
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
Reethi Faru is a tropical island paradise in the Maldives, lapped by the crystalline waters of the Indian Ocean,...