Gran Hotel Costa Rica, Curio by Hilton reopens in San Jose
Gran Hotel Costa Rica, Curio Collection by Hilton has reopened following extensive renovations. Located in downtown San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, the property has 79 stylish guest rooms. The historic hotel originally opened in 1930, and it now features modern design, indoor gardens, a gourmet restaurant, and a rooftop piano bar which overlooks the National Theatre and vibrant city.
The Gran Hotel Costa Rica, Curio Collection by Hilton has reopened to guests, following an extensive renovation project. The luxury hotel has retained its historic charm but now features modern design and upscale accommodation and facilities.
Located in downtown San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, the property is a historic gem and first opened its doors in 1930. The building was declared a historical monument in 2005, joining the National Theatre, Las Arcadas, Plaza de la Cultura and Gold Museum as some of the city’s most iconic buildings.
The luxury hotel has 79 guest rooms and suites, with complimentary Wi-Fi, 49-inch TVs, ergonomic workspaces, walk-in showers and organic and natural bathroom products. Guests staying ins suites will have access to 24-hour butler service and the hotel’s Executive Lounge where they can enjoy complimentary nightly hors d’oeuvres and premium spirits.
Gran Hotel Costa Rica also has stylish new facilities and amenities. These include indoor gardens, and a rooftop piano bar with a wide selection of international whiskeys and gins and magnificent views over the city. Guests can savour delicious international cuisine at the onsite Cultura 5 restaurant, whilst soaking up the views. There’s also a 24-hour business centre, fitness centre and a modern 890-square-foot facility for events.
The hotel sits on Avenida Central, less than 15 miles from Juan Santamaría International Airport. The luxury property overlooks the National Theatre, and guests can enjoy close proximity to museums, plazas, shops, bars and cafés. Popular attractions in San Jose, include Mercado Central market, the Gold Museum, the Costa Rica National Museum, and the Botanical Gardens and Zoo. Holidaymakers can also explore nearby sights including Braulio Carrillo National Park and the Poás Volcano.
Costa Rica has become a leading tourist destination in Central America, and in 2017, the country recorded a total of 76,173 UK tourists. The UK continues to be Costa Rica’s largest source market in Europe, followed by Germany, France, and Spain.
As one of the greenest countries in the world, the nation is home to magnificent natural landscapes. It’s a hotspot for adventure-seekers and nature lovers thanks to its abundant wildlife. Travellers can take part in exhilarating activities such as climbing up volcanoes, zip lining through tropical cloud forests, hiking through lush jungles, and surfing on two coastlines that face both the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- See the natural wonders of Costa Rica
- Sky Walk Arenal’s Hanging Bridges
- Includes Sarapiqui River Rafting class
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- Activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...
Visit every nature-lover's paradise while relaxing on an 8-day holiday at the all-inclusive Occidental Papagayo Resort,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...