Virgin Atlantic to add nonstop service between Heathrow and Las Vegas
Virgin Atlantic recently announced plans to offer nonstop flights between London Heathrow and Las Vegas. Virgin has offered flights between London Gatwick and Las Vegas since 2009, but the Gatwick-Las Vegas route will cease operation once the new flights begin in March 2019. The airline will also debut new routes from Heathrow to Boston and Heathrow to Barbados during the peak Caribbean travel season.
Virgin Atlantic recently announced plans to offer nonstop flights between London Heathrow and Las Vegas. The airline has so far only offered flights between Las Vegas and Heathrow during high-traffic days surrounding CES. The new flights will be offered year-round.
The new route will replace the one Virgin Atlantic has been operating between McCarran International Airport and London’s Gatwick Airport since 2009 and will be serviced by a Boeing 787-9 aircraft departing Las Vegas daily at 7:05 PM and setting out from Heathrow Airport daily at 12:40 PM.
Would-be passengers can go to the Virgin Atlantic website and book a ticket now, but only for flights on March 31, 2019, or later, when the carrier will also debut a second daily flight between Heathrow and Boston.
The new route will replace—not supplement—the airline’s current Gatwick flight. Bringing in the new 787-9 aircraft will also mean an increase in premium seats on the route. The new route will feature 31 Upper-Class seats, 35 Premium Economy seats, and 192 Economy seats. Jessica Cross Brown, a spokesperson for Virgin Atlantic, said:
“We’ve seen a growing demand from corporate travellers (for flights to Las Vegas), as Vegas is one of the largest conference centers in the world.”
Brown went on to explain that the airline successfully trialled the route for tech professionals headed to CES, a popular technology show held annually in Las Vegas.
In addition to the new Heathrow-Las Vegas route, Virgin Atlantic is adding a second daily flight between Boston and London beginning in March 2019. That route will be operated by an Airbus A330-300. The airline also has plans to add a twice-weekly seasonal nonstop flight from London Heathrow to Barbados. That flight will be offered from December 11, 2018 to February 19, 2019, which is the peak season for travel to the Caribbean.
The news of the three new routes follows Virgin’s upcoming second daily service to Johannesburg, South Africa, which begins in October of this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Free upgrade to Taum Studio Pool View room
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...