St Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort in Maldives to host World Spa Awards Gala Ceremony in October
The World Spa Awards has announced that its 2018 Gala Ceremony will take place at the St Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort in the Maldives this October. The event will celebrate the best of the spa and wellness tourism industry around the world, and will be attended by hundreds of hospitality leaders. The luxury resort boasts its very own unique lobster-shaped Idrium spa.
This year’s World Spa Awards Gala Ceremony will be hosted by The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort. Taking place in the Maldives on 26th October 2018, the glitzy event will celebrate the best of the wellness and spa tourism industry.
Hosted by the luxurious resort in the Maldives, the event will be attended by hundreds of hospitality leaders from destinations all over the globe. Spas, hotels, wellness brands will be awarded at the upscale event.
Rebecca Cohen, the Managing Director of the World Spa Awards, stated:
“It will be an honour for World Spa Awards to visit the Maldives for the first time, later this year.
“Unrivalled luxury, stunning white-sand beaches, an amazing underwater world, as well as spectacular spa and wellness offerings, make the Maldives the destination of choice for World Spa Awards."
She also added:
“And I can think of no better partner for our fourth anniversary than Maldives’ finest address, The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, offering a breath-taking overwater spa, a tranquil yoga and meditation studio and a state-of-the-art fitness centre. With so much on offer, it truly is a sanctuary for body and soul.”
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort is located 40 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport in the Maldives. The retreat sits on the private island of Vommuli in the southern Dhaalu Atoll, and is surrounded by turquoise sea and tranquil lagoons.
One of the resort’s unique features is its lobster-shaped 20,000 square foot Iridium Spa. The wellness facility has six couples’ treatment suites, including two Ayurvedic suites with private steam rooms; a Blue Hole hydrotherapy pool with high-pressure water jets and massage cannons; and a relaxation room with a glass floor where guests can watch the colourful marine life below.
Alexander Blair, the General Manager of The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, added:
“We are thrilled to be hosting the fourth annual World Spa Awards here at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort. It is an honour to hold such a prestigious Gala Ceremony in our beautiful surroundings.
“Our resort is home to the unique lobster-shaped Iridium Spa, which is the largest overwater spa in the Maldives – so The St. Regis Maldives lends itself perfectly as a venue to celebrate the brilliance of the global spa industry.”
The St Regis resort is surrounded by powder-soft white sand beaches and crystal-clear lagoons that are thriving with diverse marine creatures. The island resort has 77 luxury private villas which feature a unique contemporary design that has been inspired by the island's natural materials and colours.
Guests will have access to four gourmet dining venues with ocean views, a chic bar, a modern fitness centre and yoga studio, and an infinity swimming pool.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
- Exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities (*surcharge may apply)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages all come included in the price of your stay
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...