Thomas Cook increases air travel to Egypt with new flight from Bristol to Hurghada
As booking for holidays to Egypt rise by almost 90 percent, Thomas Cook widens its already ample flight service to North African nation. The British travel company recently added a new trip Hurghada Airport. The first flight of the service departed from Bristol on 2nd May with over 200 passengers.
After first bringing his business to Egypt for the very first time in 1869, Thomas Cook had a long vision of how travel tourism could be a huge success. Almost fifty years later, the company that bears his name not only continues to offer services to this destination but has managed to drastically increase the number of flights to Egypt. Just at the beginning of the present month, Thomas Cook introduced yet another weekly flight to the African nation.
Departing from Bristol at 1:10 p.m. and landing in Hurghada Airport, the first flight of the service took place on 2nd May with over 200 passengers on board. According to a report by the British Embassy, this flight has now added to the total of 19 weekly flights to Egypt from the UK this summer.
Taking on the example and initiative of the pioneer who inspired the now global travel company, Thomas Cook Group was created with the aim of providing a wide network of travel and tourism opportunities for clients. The Thomas Cook Group was formed on 19th June 2007 by the merger of Thomas Cook AG, itself the successor to Thomas Cook & Son, and MyTravel Group plc. It now owns a number of tour operators, the booking website Hotels4u, as well as airlines based in the United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium and Scandinavia.
When commenting on the recently launched flight, British Ambassador to Egypt John Casson said:
"It's great to welcome this new flight from Bristol Airport to meet the British tourist demand - now reaching the same levels as 2015. With over 40 UK flights a week, Egypt is once again a dream destination for hundreds of thousands of British tourists.
"That's good news for Egypt's economy - with British tourist' nights up 90% last year and spending double. And it's good for the Bristol's holidaymakers who this morning left behind cold and rainy skies and a sea temperature of 11 degrees in Bristol, to find sunny skies and 26 degree water in Hurghada."
Adding to the positive feedback, Christoph Debus, Chief Airlines Officer at Thomas Cook Group, stated:
"We're very pleased to expand our Bristol programme so that more customers can enjoy some summer sun in our most popular short and mid-haul holiday destinations.
"We are delighted to introduce flights to Hurghada - we have increased the number of seats on sale to Egypt by 14 per cent across the UK this year, flying to both Hurghada and Marsa Alam."
The launching of yet another weekly service to Egypt comes after the Thomas Cook released its annual holiday report last week. The numbers reflected that bookings for holidays to Egypt this summer are up 89% in comparison to the previous year, with visitor numbers now close to where they were for Thomas Cook in 2015.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Relax on the sandy beach or join in the various activities on offer at his fantastic hotel
- AMC Royal Hotel is set on the sandy beach of the Red Sea in-between Hurghada and El Gouna
- They have various activities on offer at the hotel including a daily animation programme, non motorised water sports and nightly entertainment
- There is various food options available especially at dinner with a buffet nightly themed restaurant, Italian buffet restaurant and a Oriental themed restaurant
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonders, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Great resort for the Family with endless fun at the Movenpick Kids Club during the day and night
- Enjoy a sumptuous choice of dining at the Movenpick buffet restaurant
- 18-holes golf course is just 1km away
- Discover El Gouna town with a daily shuttle bus - optional £20 per person
Enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the all-inclusive Hilton Hurghada Resort in Egypt and discover a...
Le Meridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a short...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...