Sun Aqua Iru Veli in Maldives to open in October 2018
Sun Siyam Resorts has revealed it is opening a third hotel in the Maldives. Sun Aqua Iru Veli is a five-star resort that has 125 villas and suites with private pools. Located on a private island in the South Nilandhe Atoll, 40-minute seaplane ride from the capital Male, the hotel has an infinity pool, a fitness centre, the overwater Sun Spa with six treatment rooms, and seven gourmet dining venues.
Sun Siyam Resorts has announced that it will be adding the third resort to its Maldives collection. The Sun Aqua Iru Veli is a five-star resort located on an idyllic private island.
Located in the South Nilandhe Atoll in the Maldives, the luxury resort will have 125 overwater and beachfront villas and suites, all with private pools. The island retreat is scheduled to open to guests in October 2018.
The resort has been designed to give guests privacy and peace during their stay. Back of house operations and staff members’ accommodation is located on a separate nearby island.
The island resort’s upscale facilities cater for all ages and include a large swimming pool, a fully-equipped fitness centre, a kids’ club, and a water sports centre where guests can go kayaking, windsurfing, jet-skiing, and take catamaran cruises. Guests can unwind at the overwater Sun Spa, which has six treatment pavilions, a hydrotherapy area, and a wide range of soothing treatments that have been inspired by Western and Eastern philosophies.
Guests can savour delicious cuisine at the resort’s four gourmet dining outlets. The beachfront Well Done restaurant serves fresh seafood, Island Pizza offers delicious pizza varieties by the poolside, The Aqua has an overwater setting and offers buffet dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the Positive Energy restaurant with healthy snacks and vitamin-packed smoothies. There is also the Nautilus bar where guests can enjoy cocktails on the overwater deck, and the Wine Cellar with a well-stocked selection of global wines.
Sun Aqua Iru Veli has 103 beautiful Luxury Villas, six Suites, 62 Land Villas, and 35 Over Water Villas. All villas boast wireless internet, private bars, flat-screen TVs, air conditioning, coffee and tea making facilities, digital safes, sun loungers and private pools that overlook the beautiful Indian Ocean.
During their stay at the tropical resort, holidaymakers can take part in a wide range of fun activities. There are films on the beach under the stars, live music and DJs, yoga classes, badminton and tennis courts, nature trails and walks, scuba diving and snorkelling to the reef.
Sun Aqua is one of the brands under the Sun Siyam Resorts group. The company was founded by Maldivian entrepreneur Ahmed Siyam Mohamed, and it operates a variety of hotels and resorts across the Indian Ocean and Asia that reflect the owner’s vibrant spirit.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
- Exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities (*surcharge may apply)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages all come included in the price of your stay
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...