Conrad Maldives Rangali Island to Open World’s first Underwater Villa
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has announced it is building new a new underwater two-storey villa. The villa will sit 16.4 feet below the surface of the Indian Ocean and is due to open to guests in November 2018. The Muraka villa will have an underwater suite section with a bedroom, living area and bathroom, and a top overwater level with a sunset-facing relaxation deck, an infinity-edge pool, two bedrooms, and a bathroom with an ocean-view bath tub.
The Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort has revealed that it is building a new underwater villa. Guests will be able to sleep among the diverse marine species in the turquoise lagoon in the unique two-storey villa.
The luxurious underwater villa in the Maldives is said to be the first of its kind in the world, and it is scheduled to open to guests in November 2018. The $15 million villa is named Muraka, which means coral in Dhivehi, the local Maldives language.
The bottom floor of the villa sits 16.4 feet below the surface of the ocean, and the top level is over water. Downstairs, there is a king-size bedroom, a bathroom and a living area, plus glass ceilings so guests can watch the vibrant marine life. On the top level there are two bedrooms, a bathroom with ocean-facing bath tub, accommodation for the personal butlers, a powder room, a gym, kitchen, bar, and a dining room with a decking area that has views of the sunset.
“Driven by our inspiration to deliver innovative and transformative experiences to our global travellers, the world’s first undersea residence encourages guests to explore the Maldives from an entirely new perspective below the surface of the sea.”
Commented Ahmed Saleem, the chief designer of the villa.
The undersea villa has been designed by architects the Crown Company. The property is being constructed by aquarium technology experts, M J Murphy Limited, and will be built using steel, concrete, and acrylic. The property will sleep up to nine guests.
Holidaymakers who book the undersea villa will be flown to the accommodation in their own private seaplane onto their private jetty where they will have access to a private speedboat for the duration of their stay. The villa is set back from the resort’s other overwater bungalows and beach villas, for ultimate privacy. They will have the onsite service of a personal chef, butlers and personal fitness centre.
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is one of the most unique and upscale hotels in the Maldives. Located in the South Ari Atoll on two idyllic private islands that are linked by a bridge, the resort boasts high end accommodation that ranges from overwater spa villas and beach villas, to 150-square metre luxurious two-bedroom Family Water Villas. The new underwater villa is the not the resort’s first underwater offering. The hotel boasts the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant which sits 16 feet under the surface of the Indian Ocean, offering a chic setting where diners can enjoy magnificent 180-degree panoramic views of the crystal-clear water.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Discover the magic of two beautiful destinations in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the Marina Shopping Mall
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities (*surcharge may apply)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages all come included in the price of your stay
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Relax and enjoy a sensory experience at Coconut Spa, try out a new water sport, or simply relax and savour your Maldivian adventure
- Enjoy Complimentary Water Sports including Canoeing, Windsurfing & Catamaran Sailing
- Explore the best underwater habitat with the Diving Centre Guides
- Indulge from a wide array of Dining experiences including Italian specialties, international and local delicacies
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the place to be if you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...