Conrad Maldives Rangali Island to Open World’s first Underwater Villa
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has announced it is building new a new underwater two-storey villa. The villa will sit 16.4 feet below the surface of the Indian Ocean and is due to open to guests in November 2018. The Muraka villa will have an underwater suite section with a bedroom, living area and bathroom, and a top overwater level with a sunset-facing relaxation deck, an infinity-edge pool, two bedrooms, and a bathroom with an ocean-view bath tub.
The Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort has revealed that it is building a new underwater villa. Guests will be able to sleep among the diverse marine species in the turquoise lagoon in the unique two-storey villa.
The luxurious underwater villa in the Maldives is said to be the first of its kind in the world, and it is scheduled to open to guests in November 2018. The $15 million villa is named Muraka, which means coral in Dhivehi, the local Maldives language.
The bottom floor of the villa sits 16.4 feet below the surface of the ocean, and the top level is over water. Downstairs, there is a king-size bedroom, a bathroom and a living area, plus glass ceilings so guests can watch the vibrant marine life. On the top level there are two bedrooms, a bathroom with ocean-facing bath tub, accommodation for the personal butlers, a powder room, a gym, kitchen, bar, and a dining room with a decking area that has views of the sunset.
“Driven by our inspiration to deliver innovative and transformative experiences to our global travellers, the world’s first undersea residence encourages guests to explore the Maldives from an entirely new perspective below the surface of the sea.”
Commented Ahmed Saleem, the chief designer of the villa.
The undersea villa has been designed by architects the Crown Company. The property is being constructed by aquarium technology experts, M J Murphy Limited, and will be built using steel, concrete, and acrylic. The property will sleep up to nine guests.
Holidaymakers who book the undersea villa will be flown to the accommodation in their own private seaplane onto their private jetty where they will have access to a private speedboat for the duration of their stay. The villa is set back from the resort’s other overwater bungalows and beach villas, for ultimate privacy. They will have the onsite service of a personal chef, butlers and personal fitness centre.
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is one of the most unique and upscale hotels in the Maldives. Located in the South Ari Atoll on two idyllic private islands that are linked by a bridge, the resort boasts high end accommodation that ranges from overwater spa villas and beach villas, to 150-square metre luxurious two-bedroom Family Water Villas. The new underwater villa is the not the resort’s first underwater offering. The hotel boasts the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant which sits 16 feet under the surface of the Indian Ocean, offering a chic setting where diners can enjoy magnificent 180-degree panoramic views of the crystal-clear water.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- All meals, snacks and beverages included
- Rooms overlooking the ocean
- Relax on the secluded beach
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
The Sun Island is located on the Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives, which is one of the most sublime coastal...