Caribbean's Sandals Resorts International appoints new Chief Executive
Sandals Resorts International has appointed a new Chief Executive. Gebhard Rainer has taken over the role with immediate effect, and has a long history in the hospitality sector including a role at Hyatt Hotels Corporation, where he was the executive vice president and chief financial officer. He will be responsible for the strategic growth of the award-winning luxury all-inclusive brands that operate across the Caribbean under the Sandals Resorts International banner.
Sandals Resorts International has announced the appointment of a new Chief Executive to the group. Gebhard Rainer has taken over the role with immediate effect.
Mr Rainer will help accelerate the strategic growth of the all-inclusive brands that operate under Sandals Resorts International across the Caribbean region. The new role will allow deputy chairman Adam Stewart to dedicate more time to new initiatives that will push the company forward.
Gordon “Butch” Stewart, the founder and Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, said:
“Sandals Resorts has a legacy of pioneering and implementing industry innovations and we are committed to not only bolstering our leadership position in Jamaica and throughout the Caribbean but also to broaden our horizons with further growth of the luxury all-inclusive concept beyond the region we call home.”
“To be the best, you must have a team that is the best and for more than 30 years we have cultivated a staff across the Caribbean - from gardeners and housekeepers to chefs and managers - who are the finest in the industry. My son Adam has played a huge role as chief executive of Sandals Resorts International, exceeding expectations over the past 12 years.”
Rainer will report directly to the chairman and deputy chairman of the group, and he brings years of hospitality executive and international finance experience with him to the role. He previously worked as executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Sandals International Resorts is the Caribbean’s leading hotel group. It owns and operates several luxury all-inclusive hotels and resorts throughout tropical destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, Grenada and Turks and Caicos, and it has plans to debut the brand in Mexico in the near future. Its brands include Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
The hotel company launched its first very hotel, Sandals Montego Bay, in Jamaica in November 1981. Since then, Sandals Resorts has become one of the Caribbean’s most successful hotel groups and its properties have won several awards. Over the decades, the group has introduced a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector. These include being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, satellite TV, overwater accommodation in the Caribbean, and personal butlers for its guests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
Enjoy a holiday filled with sun and sand at Be Live Collection Punta Cana. To give you a teaser, expect plenty of...
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...