Gili Lankanfushi Island Resort Appoints Aldo Cadau as New Executive Chef
The luxury Gili Lankanfushi resort in the Maldives has appointed a brand new Executive Chef. Italian native Aldo Cadau has joined the culinary team at the luxury island resort and will be responsible for overseeing the operations of its diverse gourmet restaurants. These include By the Sea, Fini Foni, the Main Restaurant, and the Overwater Grill.
The upscale Gili Lankanfushi resort in the Maldives has appointed a new Executive Chef to oversee the operations of its dining outlets. Aldo Cadau has taken over the role and he will lead new developments for the hotel’s gourmet restaurants.
Cadau, an Italian native, will be responsible for the diverse restaurants at the Maldives island retreat. These include the Main Restaurant, the Japanese fine-dining By the Sea restaurant, the poolside ice cream parlour Fini Foni, and the Overwater Grill and Bar.
David Stepetic, the General Manager of Gili Lankanfushi, commented:
“Having worked with Aldo previously, I am very excited for him to bring his wonderful culinary – talent and culture to the island. He has an intrinsic respect for food and ingredients while being a natural creative, always delivering memorable dining experiences for his guests."
Mr Stepetic also added:
“We look forward to working with him to grow Gili Lankanfushi’s reputation as one of the Maldives finest gourmet destinations.”
Originally from Sardinia in Italy, Cadau grew up making fresh pasta, pastries and bread with his mother. He learnt how to make prosciutto sausages and cheese from his father who reared pigs and sheep. He then went on to train at the Hotel Institute in Arzachena, Italy.
The new chef will bring his global culinary knowledge and expertise to the role, and he will introduce sand oven cooking techniques to the resort, which will be the first of its kind in the Maldives. These are inspired by subterranean cooking techniques Cadau learn in the Middle East.
Located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll in the Maldives, Gili Lankanfushi is an eco-resort with 45 over-water villas. Each of the villas has been built using natural and sustainable materials, and there are also seven Crusoe Residences, and the Private Reserve, which is only accessible by personal boat. The island retreat also boasts the largest overwater villa in the Maldives which spans 15,000 square feet and has a glass infinity pool, split-level bathing deck, four bedrooms, a private cinema and bar, spa, and private gym.
As well as gourmet restaurants, a Wine Cellar, and the Underwater Chocolate Cave, guests will have access to upscale facilities at Gili Lankanfushi. These include swimming pools, bars, and the Meera Spa with glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi Champa, and a relaxation area overlooking the sparkling Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity
- Try snorkelling, scuba diving and more
- Stay in luxurious bungalows
- Excellent choice of for both dining and drinking
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
Reethi Faru is a tropical island paradise in the Maldives, lapped by the crystalline waters of the Indian Ocean,...