Brides Magazine publishes guide for honeymoons in the Maldives
The bimonthly Conde Nast publication, Brides Magazine recently issued a detailed piece on the best honeymoon retreats and experiences newlyweds can enjoy in the Maldives. From exciting scuba diving trips through the atolls’ reefs to romantic strolls through the pristine beaches, the Maldives offers a world of natural beauty and opulence to celebrate with that significant other.
As planning the perfect honeymoon can put a lot of pressure on the soon-to-be-married, Brides Magazine looks to put couples at ease by helping them with every detail of their celebrations, from wedding dresses to reception settings. An American bimonthly magazine published by Conde Nast, Brides was designed to be an in-depth resource for brides-to-be, with many photographs and articles on wedding dresses, cakes, ceremonies, receptions, and honeymoons.
This time, the publication issued an article on one of the most heavenly settings to spend a truly intimate and romantic honeymoon: the Maldives. Writer Kathryn Romeyn pointed out the most attractive options for newlyweds to enjoy during their stay in the Indian Ocean paradise.
Made up of 26 ring-shaped atolls with hundreds of coral islands, the Maldives is one of the world’s most beautiful tropical destinations. According to Romeyn, honeymooners will find it particularly attractive thanks to its endless clear blue waters, white sandy beaches, palm trees and sunshine. Couples can enjoy everything from surfing through the waves of the beaches to snorkelling and scuba diving in coral reefs where dolphins, manta rays and even hammerhead and reef sharks can be spotted.
Romeyn goes on to highlight that when booking travel arrangements to Male, it must be taken into account that flights will often require another type of transportation to get to the accommodations booked. Most retreats are set on private islands that can be far-flung, requiring a smaller plane or a luxury boat to reach. Though making your honeymoon plans in the Maldives may not be the less expensive option, it is ideal for couples who have been saving pennies for a unique and utterly romantic getaway.
When choosing accommodation, there is a vast array of choices for lovebirds. Some of the most lavish resort brands include the hyper luxurious collection of Four Seasons (along with an over-the-top Explorer catamaran that can booked for private voyages and overnight cruises between island-bound stays), the dreamy One&Only Reethi Rah with its 12 powdery beaches, and St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, which opened in 2016 and features sleek, innovative design.
Other amazing retreats comprise Six Senses Laamu an icon of eco luxury, and the Jumeirah Vittaveli’s overwater bungalows, which are swimming distance from a vivid reef and five shipwrecks for exploring. As for new resorts, the Grand Park Kodhipparu, with 120 picture-perfect palm-fringed villas features in the coveted list. Balinese and Ayurvedic treatments in the spa pair perfectly with days spent doing yoga and snorkelling. Similarly, Milaidhoo Island Maldives opened only last year, and is set in the midst of a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the Baa Atoll.
Finally, other lesser-known properties also provide an amazing honeymoon experience. Soneva Fushi is a top eco-friendly yet extremely lavish resort with treehouse-style hideaways and the kind of low-key vibe that doesn’t require shoes. At Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru couples who love adrenaline can wake board or sail when not sunning on the terrace of their villa, and Baros Maldives, which has been named the “World’s Most Romantic Resort” by World Travel Awards, the sandbank dinner and glow-in-the-dark snorkeling experiences are well worth the trip.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Discover the magic of two beautiful destinations in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the Marina Shopping Mall
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Relax and enjoy a sensory experience at Coconut Spa, try out a new water sport, or simply relax and savour your Maldivian adventure
- Enjoy Complimentary Water Sports including Canoeing, Windsurfing & Catamaran Sailing
- Explore the best underwater habitat with the Diving Centre Guides
- Indulge from a wide array of Dining experiences including Italian specialties, international and local delicacies
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the place to be if you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...