Vietnam Airlines celebrates 200 millionth passenger
Vietnam Airlines marked another milestone last after welcoming its 200 millionths passengers. The airline hosted a special ceremony to welcome the 199,999,999th, 200 millionth, and 200,000,001st passenger, whom all travelled on flight VN223 between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The airline has been operating for more than two decades and has provided 1.6 million flights.
Vietnam Airlines is celebrating marking another milestone after it welcomed in 200 millionth passenger last month.
The airline hosted a ceremony to mark the occasions, which was attended by senior officials from the ministry of transport, employees of the airline and representatives from the Airports Corporation Vietnam.
The ceremony at Tan Son Nhat International Airport welcomed the arrival of the 199,000,000th, 200 millionth, and the 200,000,001th passengers, Nguyen Truong Chinh, Ngo Huy Hoang and Phan Thi Thu Hang, respectively. The passengers were all travelling on the VN223 flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Duong Tri Thanh, the President of Vietnam Airlines, during the ceremony, stated:
“Vietnam Airlines has reached a 200 million passenger milestone on our 1.6 million flights in over two decades. This achievement is, without doubt, a solid testament to the trust, confidence and support from airline community and our valued customers, both domestic and international.”
Mr Thanh also commented:
“This warm event welcoming our 200 millionth passenger represents our gratitude towards the customers who trust and choose to fly with us. Hence, it is also our commitment to keep working, trying our best to fulfil all of our customers’ needs and requirements.”
Vietnam has provided national and international flights between 1995 and 2017. The airline has transported more than 200 million passengers, and has recorded an average annual growth of 11 per cent.
During the ceremony celebrating the 200 millionth passenger, the airline also launched its Flights of Love projects which help people have better lives. Vietnam Airlines will sponsor tickets for community projects that will help improve people’s lives and develop sustainable communities.
Vietnam Airline was established in 1956 and it became a state-owned company in 1989. The airline has headquarters in Hanoi, and it was named as Asia’s Leading Cultural Airline at the World Travel Awards.
Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam, and is a bustling blend of South East Asian, Vietnamese and French cultures and architecture. Holidaymakers can visit the Hoan Kiem lake, the temple of Literature, the Ho Chi Minh Museum, the Vietnam Fine Art Museum, Hanoi Opera House, and an array of pagodas and historic temples.
Ho Minh Chi City is located in southern Vietnam and is famous for its French colonial architecture. Travellers can visit the Notre-Dame cathedral, the bustling Ben Thanh market, the Cu Chi wartime tunnels, Independence Palace, Suoi Tien Amusement Park, and the Museum of Vietnamese History.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Have a great time at the dreamy Impressive Resort and Spa Punta Cana
- Why not unwind and relax at the Wellness Centre and Spa offering a variety of massages and treatments
- Start your holiday from the perfect base on the fantastic El Cortecito Beach in Punta Cana
- Various facilities including a vast selection of day and night activities with something to suit all ages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...