Grand Park Kodhipparu resort in Maldives officially opens with grand ceremony
The Grand Park Kodhipparu has celebrated its official opening in the Maldives. More than 200 VIP guests attended the opening ceremony, where they were treated to traditional Maldivian performances and entertainment, gourmet cuisine, and the release of Chinese sky lanterns. The luxury resort has 120 lavish villas in six different categories, as well as upscale facilities including three restaurants, a spa, swimming pools and a kids' club.
After a soft opening in August last year, the Grand Park Kodhipparu, has officially opened its doors to guests in the Maldives. The one-island resort celebrated its launch with 200 VIP guests and representatives from the Park Hotel group and Chip Eng Seng Group.
During the grand opening ceremony, guests were treated to performances from traditional Maldivian entertainers, from fire dancers to Boduberu song and dance performances. The official sounding of the gong marked the start of new beginnings, and Chinese sky lanterns were released containing well wishes for the resort.
“With the resort’s close proximity from the airport, choice of six stunning villa categories – each featuring breathtaking views of the horizon along with a wide-ranging facilities as well as world-class experiences, we are confident that Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives is well positioned to provide a memorable stay for the increasing number of travellers seeking an exclusive and tranquil sanctuary in this part of the world.”
Stated Mr Allen Law, the Chief Executive Officer of Park Hotel Group.
The Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives is situated in the North Male Atoll, 20 minuted by speedboat from Velana International Airport. The luxury resort was designed by world-renowned hospitality firm, Hirsch Bedner Associates, and it features design that has been inspired by the surrounding natural landscapes. There are 120 idyllic one and two-bedroom villas in six categories, ranging from ocean and lagoon water villas and ocean and lagoon pool water villas, to beach pool villas that sit directly on a white, powdery sandy beach.
There are also the Grand Residences with two bedrooms and bathrooms, a private living area and a large private swimming pool. The spacious villas are feature rustic furnishings including timber flooring, textured walls and handwoven carpets. Guests can enjoy in-villa amenities such as terraces with loungers, flat-screen 43-inch TVs, minibars, wireless internet, work desks, and indoor and outdoor showers. Lagoon Villas also have glass floors so guests can see the colourful marine species in the water beneath.
Facilities at the island resort include three gourmet restaurants that serve diverse cuisine. The oceanfront diving venue The Edge serves buffet dishes all day; the Breeze Poolside Dining & Bar is situated next to the infinity swimming pool and offers light refreshments; and The Firedoor restaurant offers an intimate setting for special occasions, as well as delicious grilled meats and fresh seafood.
During their stay, guests can enjoy a pampering treatment at The Spa in tranquil oceanfront treatment suites, or they can relax with a soothing yoga class at sunrise. Younger guests will find plenty of entertainment at the Kids Club, and there are fun activities for all ages such as kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, scuba diving and snorkelling.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
The Sun Island is located on the Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives, which is one of the most sublime coastal...