Caribbean Airlines Limited launches new route to Cuba
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
With Cuba growing as a destination in the international market, Caribbean Airlines Limited (CAL) has decided to include the country in its portfolio and will begin operating flights to the island since 12th January. This new route looks to make inter-regional travel easier as it connects Cuba with Barbados, Grenada, Guyana and Trinidad; four other Caribbean islands.
Recognised on four occasions as the "Caribbean's Leading Airline" by the prestigious World Travel Awards, Caribbean Airlines Limited is the state-owned airline and flag carrier of Trinidad and Tobago. Headquartered in Iere House in Piarco, the airline currently employs more than 1,700 people and operates flights to the Caribbean, North America, Central America and South America from its base at Piarco International Airport.
In order to promote its new Cuba route, the Trinidad-based carrier has launched a special campaign called “Hola Cuba”. This initiative offers customers a 50 per cent fare reduction, which applies for return trip economy seats, inclusive of fees and taxes, for travel between 13th January and 6th February.
During an interview with Newsday, a Trinidad and Tobago newspaper, CAL’s Corporate Communications Manager Dionne Ligoure expressed his optimism for the new route, as he declared bookings so far were quite promising. On the flip side, he explained that Cubans also have a keen interest in a range of CAL destinations. Overall, Ligoure determined:
“The bookings and interest are excellent and we expect this trend to continue.”
Ligoure later went on to explain that the introduction of this service coincides with the airline’s new destination campaign, “Hello Caribbean”, which highlights the uniqueness and charm of all destinations it serves. He stated:
“CAL is looking inward, with an increased focus on customer experience, with a view to growing our business. Our customers can look forward to other new and exciting developments in key areas as 2018 unfolds.”
The new flights will operate to Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport from Piarco International Airport, Trinidad, with easy connections to and from Barbados, Grenada and Guyana. These operations are still subject to approvals by the TT Civil Aviation Authority. With the Cuba route, CAL reaches the sum of 20 destinations in its diverse list of destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...