Gili Lankanfushi resort in Maldives opens largest overwater villa in world
The luxurious Gili Lankanfushi resort in the Maldives has unveiled the largest overwater villa in the world. The Private Reserve spans 15,000 square-feet, and includes upscale amenities such as a glass infinity pool and split-level bathing deck, four bedrooms, a central living area, library, dining room, private cinema and bar, and a spa, sauna, steam room and gym.
The largest overwater villas in the world has opened to guests at the luxurious Gili Lankanfushi resort in the Maldives. The lavish villa spans 15,000 square feet, and is 1,000 feet from its nearest neighbouring villa.
Starting from $14,000 per night, the overwater Private Reserve offers a perfect tranquil sanctuary in the Maldives. Upscale features include a glass infinity pool and split-level bathing deck, and four bedrooms, of which two are a master suite and perfect for groups and families.
The luxury villa is built around a central living area which has two circular sofas that sit right above the turquoise, crystal clear water. Guests can enjoy villa facilities including a library, dining room, private cinema and bar, and spa, sauna, steam room and gym.
Glass panel floors feature throughout the property, giving guests stunning views of the diverse marine life below. Attached to the master suite is a 1,000-square-foot area with its own oversized outdoor bathtub, a glass-encased shower, and a private swimming area. There’s also a personal butler who is on hand to take care of all requirements.
Bahauddeen, the Director of Rooms at Gili Lankanfushi, explained:
“The whole concept of Gili Lankanfushi is more Robinson Crusoe style… we are very low-profile.
“Though we try to cater to all of the luxuries, we want to cater in harmony of nature and in harmony of our Maldivian culture. That’s why we don’t have remote-controlled window curtains or big plasma TV’s everywhere.”
The Gili Lankanfushi resort is located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll in the Maldives. The lavish resort boasts 45 over-water villas that are made from natural and sustainable materials. Guests seeking private escapes can stay in one of the seven Crusoe Residences or the Private Reserve, which is only accessible by personal boat.
Jetties stretch across the clear water to the spacious stilted villas with their private rooftop and overwater sundecks, daybeds, and open-air private bathrooms, In-villa modern amenities include espresso machines, mini bars, air conditioning, satellite TV, and CD, DVD, and hi-fi stereo systems.
Holidaymakers can enjoy access to a range of facilities at the five-star beachfront hotel. These include the Meera Spa which boasts glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi champa, and a relaxation area with spectacular vistas of the sparking Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Discover the magic of two beautiful destinations in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the Marina Shopping Mall
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the place to be if you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...