Sandals debuts new resorts in Caribbean
Sandals resorts recently announced the opening of new properties and the upgrading of another. The chain recently opened the Sandals Royal Barbados, which welcomed its first guests on December 20. The Sandals Grand Antigua reopened after being closed for two months for refurbishment. And in Jamaica, the Sandals South Coast resort recently opened 12 overwater bungalows, complete with 24/7 butler service.
December was a busy month for Sandals resorts. In the space of a week, the chain had a new resort open, another reopening, and third resort unveiled overwater bungalows.
Sandals Royal Barbados welcomed its first guests on December 20.
Commenting about the excellences of this new resort, Butch Stewart, chairman and founder of Sandals Resorts International said:
“Every new resort we develop stands on the shoulders of what came before. We keep getting better and better and for us, right now, Sandals Royal Barbados is a game-changer.”
The new resort complements the adjacent 280-room Sandals Barbados, which opened in January 2015. Guests at either property can enjoy the amenities of both resorts.
The Sandals Royal Barbados features six restaurants, including American Tavern for casual dining, the Asian fusion Chi with décor inspired by traditional tea rooms and Butch’s Steak and Seafood, an a la carte restaurant. The resort also features Caribbean, Mediterranean, and French dining venues. Between the two resorts, Sandals now offers 17 different dining options.
The new Sandals property features numerous entertainment options as well. In a first for the chain, the new resort features a rooftop entertainment complex with ocean views, an infinity pool, live music, French bistro fare, and a cantilevered cocktail lounge called Raising the BARbados. Sandals Royal Barbados features five bars in total, including its first beer garden and the Lover’s Lane Bar.
Other amenities include the brand’s first barber shop, a 15,000 square foot Red Lane Spa and the Beach House Resort Shop, which will feature resort wear, home goods, local crafts and provisions.
Butch Stewart also explained:
“The wood is gleaming, the brass is polished and the resort is shining like brand new.”
Each bungalow features a tranquillity soaking tub, a patio and sun deck, outdoor shower, a smart TV, a large ceiling fan, a walk-in rain shower in the bathroom, hammocks, and glass floor panels which give guests an up-close view of marine life. Guests at the resort will have access to 24//7 butler service, in-room dining and room service, private airport transfers and free Wi-Fi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions on offer
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...