Virgin Atlantic launches new direct flights between London Heathrow and Barbados
Virgin Atlantic has launched a direct flight between London Heathrow and Barbados. The twice-weekly service is the only direct service from London Heathrow Airport, and it will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout Christmas. The new service means that Virgin Atlantic now offers up to 11 flights to the Caribbean island a week from Gatwick, Heathrow and Manchester airports.
Virgin Atlantic has announced the launch of its new direct service to the Caribbean island of Barbados. The airline has launched a twice-weekly service from London Heathrow, making it the only airline to offer a direct service to the island.
The new flight will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout the high winter season, on a n Airbus A330. The addition to the airline’s network means that it now offers up to 11 Barbados flights a week from London Gatwick, London Heathrow, and Manchester.
Shai Weiss, the Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Atlantic, stated:
“The Caribbean has always been a core market for Virgin Atlantic and we’re excited to be offering more choice to our customers with the option of flying from Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester direct to Barbados.”
Virgin Atlantic has also extended its codeshare agreement with FlyBe. This will allow customers from Scotland to easily connect between Edinburgh and Aberdeen airports to Barbados via London Heathrow.
Virgin Atlantic chose to use an A330 aircraft for the service because it has recorded growing demand for their Upper Class and Premium Economy cabins. Onboard, there are 31 Upper Class, 48 Premium Economy and 185 Economy seats.
The new Heathrow-Barbados route is the airline’s fifth new service to launch this year. So far, this year, the air carrier has launched flights to Seattle, Boston, New York and San Francisco.
Barbados is an idyllic island nation in the Caribbean. It’s a popular attraction for sun, sea and sand lovers, thanks to its magnificent tropical natural landscapes, ranging from sweeping white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees, to the crystal-clear turquoise sea which is teeming with diverse marine life. The island also boast lush green rolling hills that are thriving with exotic flora, fauna and wildlife.
During a Caribbean escape in Barbados, holidaymakers can enjoy access to a variety of attractions. These include Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary, the Flower Forest, Andromeda Gardens, and the spectacular Harrisons Cave, a limestone cave system with stalactites and streams.
The tropical island has recorded a growth in international tourists this year with 453,645 overnight travellers visiting between January and September. This is a 7.4 per cent increase compared to the same period in 2016. Last year, Barbados set a new record with a total of 631,513 stayover visitors, and tourism officials are expecting that record to be broken by the end of 2017.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
The perfect choice for friends, couples or families at Halcyon Palm
- Winter Warmer Sale now on with savings of upto 30% on all room types
- Enjoy a home away from home in a one bedroom apartment with fantastic self-catering facilities
- Halcyon Palm is ideally located in a walking distance to the city centre
- Relax and enjoy the sun on the terrace or the hotel swimming pool
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- September Sale now extended on with discounts of up to 15% off all rooms and a Special offer in Superior Ocean Front Studios
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- September Sale with up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite, all inclusive resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Promotional Rates now out with savings of upto 35% on all room types
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...