Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain awarded Travelife Gold Certification
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts have been recognised for their environmental efforts once again. This time, the two luxury resorts in St Lucia have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status.
The St Lucia resorts were recognised for their responsible management of their socio-economic and environmental impacts. Both properties were carefully designed with the local environment in mind. They each demonstrate a strong commitment to protecting the environment, sustainability, and implanting best practices and community support.
Karolin Troubetzkoy, the Executive Director of the two Caribbean resorts explained:
“Respecting the people, nature and cultural aspects of St. Lucia and showing guests how it’s done at Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain was central in achieving Travelife Gold Certification.”
“We want to thank Travelife for recognising our efforts, and congratulate our staff – such accolades are impossible without their commitment to excellence.”
The luxury beachfront resorts were praised for a number of energy-saving and sustainable practices. These included a “water is life” water management philosophy which made their water supply independent from the community of Soufrière to avoid any extra burden.
All cleaning products used at the hotels are non-toxic, biodegradable, and non-corrosive, and there are Strict wastewater discharge practices in place to minimise the impact on the environment. The resorts practice good energy-saving management, and all staff and guests are encouraged to reduce, recycle, and reuse.
In 2016, Jade Mountain became the Caribbean’s first hotel to earn the coveted LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification. Sustainable features at the resort include its own rainwater-fed water purification plant system, plus a system that recycles treated sewage water, and then irrigates a nursery and plants which are grown for the hotel’s gardens.
Jade Mountain is sculpted into the Soufriere hillside above its sister beach resort, Anse Chastanet. The multi-award-winning hotel boasts 29-room spacious guest suites with bedrooms, living areas, and private infinity pools that glide into one another to form platforms that float out into the natural surroundings. Rooms feature locally-made wooden furniture, and are free from TVs, phones, radios to allow total relaxation for guests.
Anse Chastanet is a located on a private estate of 600 beautiful acres of tropical land close to the sandy shores of two beaches with offshore reefs. It is the only resort on the island that boasts views of the both the Piti and Gros Piton mountains that jut out from the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Holidaymakers can savour delicious, fresh food at the onsite dining venues, relax with a yoga session on the beach go kayaking in the sea, swim in the infinity pool, or enjoy a pampering treatment in the tranquil spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into Coco Palm hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of Rodney Bay and minutes walk from Reduit Beach
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
- Colonial-style resort featuring French Creole decor
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Starfish St Lucia Resort
- Savings of up to 40% off on all room types plus a guaranteed free room upgrade to the next room type
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guest's tastebuds
Go for a premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgence
- Features St Lucia's only waterpark
- 2 kids stay and play for free
- Book now for a $1000 resort credit
A perfect escape designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Free Room upgrade to a Verandah Suite when booking a Premium Garden View for selected dates
- Free Double Room upgrade to a Luxury Beachfont Suite when booking a Verandah Suite for selected dates
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
- Savings of up to 55% off all room types for Summer 2019 when booking before 28th February 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the all-inclusive Starfish St. Lucia Resort offers jaw dropping views of...
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa is a premium all inclusive resort that is built to usher guests into complete relaxation....
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Situated in the heart of Gros Islet is the magnificent Bay Gardens Inn, a classy resort set in lush tropical gardens....
Marigot Beach Club And Dive Resort is ideally situated in a very secluded area on the island and offers amazing views to...
Stay at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort and turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and...