New Al Dhafra Beach luxury hotel project in Abu Dhabi
Union Properties has revealed that it is planning to develop its first multi-residential project in Abu Dhabi. The Al Dhafra Beach development will be built on an area spanning three million square feet, and it will include a luxury five-star beach resort with villas and residential buildings, plus a school, health centre, entertainment facilities, and open green spaces.
Union Properties, a Dubai-based developer, has announced it is planning to build a brand new multi-residential development in Abu Dhabi. The project was announced recently in a meeting with Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Ruler's Representative in the Al Dhafra Region.
The chairman of Union Properties Naser Butti Omair bin Yousef said the Al Dhafra Beach development will be built on an area spanning three million square metres in Abu Dhabi. The project will have a luxury five-star hotel, villas, private residences, a school, health centre, entertainment facilities, a shopping centre, and open green spaces. There will also be a canal with water from the Arabian Gulf running through.
Union Properties stated that it is planning to create a:
"Unique residential and tourism destination in Abu Dhabi, which will attract visitors from around the country and the region."
The developer announced plans in September to expand its operations and revenues by launching two new fully-owned subsidiary companies. These will be Union Malls and Al Etihad Hotel Management.
The Al Dhafra area is located in western Abu Dhabi and is currently under development to make it a new tourist destination for domestic and international visitors. Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates, and a popular tourist destination thanks to its huge collection of luxury hotels, golden sand beaches, and unique attractions.
Statistics have revealed that the emirate recorded almost 1.6 million visitors in the first quarter of 2017, which is a 7 per cent increase compared to last year. The majority of travellers in Abu Dhabi originate from China, India, the United Kingdom, United States, Germany, and Saudi Arabia. The hotel industry has also recently recorded major growth with 3.5 million hotel guests visiting the region in 2017.
Recent new openings in Abu Dhabi include the much- anticipated launch of the Louvre Abu Dhabi on Saadiyat Island. The emirate also hosts an array of annual festivals and events including the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the Abu Dhabi Food Festival, Al Dhafra Festival, the new Dar Al Zain Festival, the Abu Dhabi Classics international opera series, and the NYE Countdown Village.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Enjoy a special break in Abu Dhabi, that comes complete with great shopping, a fabulous beach and spa club, and all at an affordable price.
- Choose from 15 award-winning restaurants and bars including a famous Jazz Bar
- One of the longest stretches of private beach in Abu Dhabi
- Facilities include swimming pools, tennis courts and a selection of watersports
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Upgrade to All Inclusive package! Call us now!
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 Abu Dhabi Hotels on Tripadvisor
- Sitting in the heart of Abu Dhabi next to the iconic Abu Dhabi Mall
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award-winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...