Andaz Costa Rica Resort Peninsula Papagayo acquired by Miami-based Gencom developer
The leading Miami-based hospitality and residential property firm, Gencom, has announced that the Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo has been acquired by one of its affiliates, Papagayo Partners Ltd. In a joint partnership with local real estate developer Sinergo Development Group S.A, it is the second acquisition for Gencom, following the purchase of the 1,400-acre Peninsula Papagayo and Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica last year.
Gencom, one of the top luxury hospitality and residential developers in Miami, has confirmed that one of its affiliates, Papagayo Partners Ltd, has acquired the Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo. The purchase is in conjunction with local real estate developer, Sinergo Development Group S.A.
“Acquiring Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo as our second property on Peninsula Papagayo is a testament to our thoughtful, long-term vision for completely integrating this 1,400-acre protected paradise and bringing a seamless destination experience to full and vibrant life.”
Stated Karim Alibhai, the founder and principal of Miami-based Gencom.
“We very much look forward to working with Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo to create elevated new resort experiences that will enhance the Peninsula Papagayo lifestyle for discerning travellers the world over.”
The move shows the company’s commitment to transforming and preserving the Peninsula Papagayo. As well as new improvements to Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo, there will be an extensive renovation of Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica, and the peninsula’s amenities will also be enhanced to offer a unique experience for holidaymakers.
Andaz Costa Rica Resort is located in the Guanacaste province on the northwest coast of Costa Rica, and has 153 guest rooms and suites with private balconies, and some feature private plunge pools. Surrounded by nature including tropical rainforests and a golden sand beach, the hotel is a peaceful retreat away from the everyday stresses of life.
Facilities at the hotel include a lavish spa with nine treatment rooms, two multi-cascading outdoor infinity swimming pools, a 24-hour fitness centre, the Cambi Kids Club, and 8,200 square feet of flexible meeting space including four meeting rooms. Dining options include Rio Bongho, Ostra, and Chao Pescao Small Plates and Bar, with a wide range of Latin American and international culinary delights.
Costa Rica is renowned for its lush green landscapes and diverse wildlife, and tourists can explore the rainforests and jungles to get close to thousands of colourful species. There is also an array of fun activities to enjoy, such as snorkelling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the canopied rainforests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- See the natural wonders of Costa Rica
- Sky Walk Arenal’s Hanging Bridges
- Includes Sarapiqui River Rafting class
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- Activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...
Visit every nature-lover's paradise while relaxing on an 8-day holiday at the all-inclusive Occidental Papagayo Resort,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...